From: Bill Clementson
Subject: Denver Area Lisp Users Group meeting #4
Here are the details for our next meeting:

Topic: Test-driven development in Lisp, LispWorks 4.3 for the Mac &
other topics
Presenter: Eric Blood
Meeting Location: Longmont Public Library, 409 4th Avenue, Longmont
Colorado
Map: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=lTiIROp_0Tor.57xHmOUjdsS4XUFBj0-&csz=Longmont%2C+CO+80501&country=us
Date: Monday, September 15, 2003
Time: 7pm - 8pm (meeting at library), 8pm - ?? (drinks at The Lefthand
Taphouse or another brewery across the street.)

Mark your calendars - see you there!

--
Bill Clementson

From: Doug Tolton
Subject: Re: Denver Area Lisp Users Group meeting #4
On 5 Sep 2003 06:42:01 -0700, ···············@yahoo.com (Bill
Clementson) wrote:

>Here are the details for our next meeting:
>
>Topic: Test-driven development in Lisp, LispWorks 4.3 for the Mac &
>other topics
>Presenter: Eric Blood
>Meeting Location: Longmont Public Library, 409 4th Avenue, Longmont
>Colorado
>Map: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=lTiIROp_0Tor.57xHmOUjdsS4XUFBj0-&csz=Longmont%2C+CO+80501&country=us
>Date: Monday, September 15, 2003
>Time: 7pm - 8pm (meeting at library), 8pm - ?? (drinks at The Lefthand
>Taphouse or another brewery across the street.)
>
>Mark your calendars - see you there!

Bill I'm in the Salt Lake City Utah Area.  If you wanted to plan these
for Saturdays, I'd be willing to drive out there and attend the
meetings.  I might try to make it out there anyway for this one.
We'll have to see what my schedule is like.

Doug Tolton
(format t ···@~a~a.~a" "dtolton" "ya" "hoo" "com")
From: Bill Clementson
Doug Tolton <·······@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Bill I'm in the Salt Lake City Utah Area.  If you wanted to plan these
> for Saturdays, I'd be willing to drive out there and attend the
> meetings.  I might try to make it out there anyway for this one.

Hi Doug,

A quick look at Mapquest shows that Longmont, CO is about 8 hours
drive from Salt Late City, UT. That's about 16 hours round-trip! Wow,
I knew our user group meetings were good, but I didn't think they were
this good :) While this would qualify us for bragging rights vis-a-vis
the LispNYC group, are you sure you want to do this? You might want to
wait until our January meeting when we have the first annual "Kenny
Tilton does Cells" performance!

Cheers,
Bill Clementson
From: Doug Tolton
On 7 Sep 2003 11:19:04 -0700, ···············@yahoo.com (Bill
Clementson) wrote:

>Doug Tolton <·······@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Bill I'm in the Salt Lake City Utah Area.  If you wanted to plan these
>> for Saturdays, I'd be willing to drive out there and attend the
>> meetings.  I might try to make it out there anyway for this one.
>
>Hi Doug,
>
>A quick look at Mapquest shows that Longmont, CO is about 8 hours
>drive from Salt Late City, UT. That's about 16 hours round-trip! Wow,
>I knew our user group meetings were good, but I didn't think they were
>this good :) While this would qualify us for bragging rights vis-a-vis
>the LispNYC group, are you sure you want to do this? You might want to
>wait until our January meeting when we have the first annual "Kenny
>Tilton does Cells" performance!
>
>Cheers,
>Bill Clementson

Yeah I double checked that too.  I probably won't make it to the
Monday meeting, but if you were to have some on Saturday, I think I
would drive up for them.  I could head out Friday night, and come back
Saturday.  I'm always up for a mini-vacation. :)  Then again, if
Mondays are the best days for you guys, I can understand that as well.

I definately will have to come out for the Kenny Tilton visit in
January. :)

From: Kenny Tilton
Doug Tolton wrote:
> On 7 Sep 2003 11:19:04 -0700, ···············@yahoo.com (Bill
> Clementson) wrote:
>>the LispNYC group, are you sure you want to do this? You might want to
>>wait until our January meeting when we have the first annual "Kenny
>>Tilton does Cells" performance!

I have been toying with moving to Colorado and an earlier scouting
expedition was a possibility. But a snowboarding trip this year is in
order, so January works. hell, I might be living there by then. :)

> I definately will have to come out for the Kenny Tilton visit in
> January. :)

It's a long trip for both of us. Maybe it should be a two-day workshop.
By then, if I can get Cello running under Mesa and Linux and CMUCL or
SBCL, the second day could be on that Cell-driven gui framework.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc
From: Doug Tolton
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:50:17 GMT, Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com>
wrote:

>Doug Tolton wrote:
>> On 7 Sep 2003 11:19:04 -0700, ···············@yahoo.com (Bill
>> Clementson) wrote:
>>>the LispNYC group, are you sure you want to do this? You might want to
>>>wait until our January meeting when we have the first annual "Kenny
>>>Tilton does Cells" performance!
>
>I have been toying with moving to Colorado and an earlier scouting
>expedition was a possibility. But a snowboarding trip this year is in
>order, so January works. hell, I might be living there by then. :)
>
>> I definately will have to come out for the Kenny Tilton visit in
>> January. :)
>
>It's a long trip for both of us. Maybe it should be a two-day workshop.
>By then, if I can get Cello running under Mesa and Linux and CMUCL or
>SBCL, the second day could be on that Cell-driven gui framework.

Sweet!!  That would be awesome!  2 day workshop, then some time on the
slopes. :)

I can't believe I've never been skiiing in Colorado, and I live next
door!  Although, maybe because I live in Utah, I've never been
compelled...the skiing is pretty damn good here too.

What day are you speaking at the ILC?  I got my hotel reservation
today, and I started my conference signup, although I still have to
fax Ray my student ID.

From: Bill Clementson

> I have been toying with moving to Colorado and an earlier scouting
> expedition was a possibility. But a snowboarding trip this year is in
> order, so January works. hell, I might be living there by then. :)

Great news! I have lived in Boulder for the past ~8 years and it's a
terrific place to live. If you have any questions or just want to bounce
things off someone, feel free to email me.

Cheers,
Bill Clementson
From: Bill Clementson
Quick summary of last night's meeting:

Eric walked us through a lisp project that he has been working on
using the development approach outlined in Kent Beck's book <a
href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321146530">Test-Driven
Development</a>. There was a bit of discussion about the pros/cons of
the approach and the scenarios where it would be most appropriate to
use it. After about an hour, we walked over to the local pub to carry
on our discussions.

--
Bill Clementson