From: Peder O. Klingenberg
Subject: Defining functions in the Lispworks SYSTEM package
I'm trying to use the BERKELEY-DB package from Paul Foley in Lispworks
4.1.20.  The file cmucl-ffi-compat defines a compatibility layer
between cmucl ffi and Lispworks ffi, including two functions in the
SYSTEM package.

Whenever I load cmucl-ffi-compat, it complains about this, and
requires me to confirm that I want the functions defined.  Does anyone
know if/how it is possible to accept the definitions without
complaining?  I've tried reducing the safety levels before compiling
(and loading) but that didn't help.

...Peder...
--
Cogito ergo panta rei.

From: Nick Levine
·····@news.klingenberg.no (Peder O. Klingenberg) wrote in message news:<···············@nfsd.linpro.no>...
> I'm trying to use the BERKELEY-DB package from Paul Foley in Lispworks
> 4.1.20.  The file cmucl-ffi-compat defines a compatibility layer
> between cmucl ffi and Lispworks ffi, including two functions in the
> SYSTEM package.
>
> Whenever I load cmucl-ffi-compat, it complains about this, and
> requires me to confirm that I want the functions defined.  Does anyone
> know if/how it is possible to accept the definitions without
> complaining?  I've tried reducing the safety levels before compiling
> (and loading) but that didn't help.

At your own risk, see *packages-for-warn-on-redefinition*.

- nick
From: Peder O. Klingenberg
···@ravenbrook.com (Nick Levine) writes:

> At your own risk, see *packages-for-warn-on-redefinition*.

Thanks!

...Peder...
--
Cogito ergo panta rei.