From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: ALU web site?
I was about to send a very interested potential convert over to the
ALU web site, but it seems to be down.  Since it's probably written
in Lisp, I didn't give him any pointers to anywhere, because I thought
it would look bad -- he would naturally blame Lisp for the outage.
This should be a high-availability web site.

From: Espen Vestre
Subject: Re: ALU web site?
······@dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) writes:

> I was about to send a very interested potential convert over to the
> ALU web site, but it seems to be down.

Are you sure it's not a routing problem from where you are?
I tried less than 2 minutes after you posted this, and the server was up.

(The stats look nice: http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.alu.org)
--
  (espen)
From: Christopher C. Stacy

 Espen> ······@dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) writes:
 >> I was about to send a very interested potential convert over to the
 >> ALU web site, but it seems to be down.

 Espen> Are you sure it's not a routing problem from where you are?
 Espen> I tried less than 2 minutes after you posted this, and the server was up.

The page came up after I sent the message, some minutes after
I had originally abandoned the browser,

Does it sit behind an Apache server?
Is there a way to see when the request was logged,
seperate from when the page was served?