From: ·······@ziplip.com
Subject: Re: Python is not [yet] Considered Harmful
Hannu Kankaanp?? wrote:

> ·······@ziplip.com wrote in message
>> It was an honest mistake, not a troll! Still, I think it should
>> be [1, 2, 3] instead of [3, 3, 3]
>
> I don't think you understand what a troll is. Troll is someone
> who posts any of the following:
>
> 1. "Python is Considered Harmful" (given it's highly readable syntax,
> great libraries and high dynamicity, I can't see how a single
> feature could make Python 'harmful'. The title could've just been
> "Unexpected behaviour of closures inside list comprehensions")
>
> 2. "I present to you the final and ultimate proof of Python's
> brain-damage" (again, a needless attack.. which turned against
> yourself though)
>
> 3. "All this Python bashing is starting to feel like mocking
> a retarded child..." (this doesn't need explanation, I hope)

This is circular logic. Since no one else yet wrote any of
the above, what you are saying is "you are a troll, because troll
is you". I don't think you know what troll means, so you use it
like an insult ("Boo, you criticized my pet computer language, you
are a troll")

Nevertheless, let's ask the experts. If only 3 (three!) people
from alt.troll say that writing

<···················································@ziplip.com>

while believing that Python does something  very nasty, or, say,

<···················································@ziplip.com>

(which turned into an interesting discussion, by the way!) makes
one a troll, then I'll stop :-(

{F-up2 alt.troll only is OK. I never read that newsgroup, but I'll
check the responses (and who they are from, if negative) in a
few days}

From: L.S.Lamey
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:27:27 -0800 (PST), ·······@ziplip.com wrote:

>Hannu Kankaanp?? wrote:
>
>> ·······@ziplip.com wrote in message
>>> It was an honest mistake, not a troll! Still, I think it should
>>> be [1, 2, 3] instead of [3, 3, 3]
>>
>> I don't think you understand what a troll is. Troll is someone
>> who posts any of the following:
>>
>> 1. "Python is Considered Harmful" (given it's highly readable syntax,
>> great libraries and high dynamicity, I can't see how a single
>> feature could make Python 'harmful'. The title could've just been
>> "Unexpected behaviour of closures inside list comprehensions")
>>
>> 2. "I present to you the final and ultimate proof of Python's
>> brain-damage" (again, a needless attack.. which turned against
>> yourself though)
>>
>> 3. "All this Python bashing is starting to feel like mocking
>> a retarded child..." (this doesn't need explanation, I hope)
>
>This is circular logic. Since no one else yet wrote any of
>the above, what you are saying is "you are a troll, because troll
>is you". I don't think you know what troll means, so you use it
>like an insult ("Boo, you criticized my pet computer language, you
>are a troll")
>
>Nevertheless, let's ask the experts. If only 3 (three!) people
>from alt.troll say that writing
>
><···················································@ziplip.com>
>
>while believing that Python does something  very nasty, or, say,
>
><···················································@ziplip.com>
>
>(which turned into an interesting discussion, by the way!) makes
>one a troll, then I'll stop :-(
>
>{F-up2 alt.troll only is OK. I never read that newsgroup, but I'll
>check the responses (and who they are from, if negative) in a
>few days}
There are no troll, there is no group called alt.troll

Pleeze stop e mailing this to me.
From: Jonathan P.
·······@ziplip.com wrote:

> Hannu Kankaanp?? wrote:
>
> > ·······@ziplip.com wrote:
> >> It was an honest mistake, not a troll! Still, I think it should
> >> be [1, 2, 3] instead of [3, 3, 3]
> >
> > I don't think you understand what a troll is. Troll is someone
> > who posts any of the following:
> >
> > 1. "Python is Considered Harmful" (given it's highly readable syntax,
> > great libraries and high dynamicity, I can't see how a single
> > feature could make Python 'harmful'. The title could've just been
> > "Unexpected behaviour of closures inside list comprehensions")
> >
> > 2. "I present to you the final and ultimate proof of Python's
> > brain-damage" (again, a needless attack.. which turned against
> > yourself though)
> >
> > 3. "All this Python bashing is starting to feel like mocking
> > a retarded child..." (this doesn't need explanation, I hope)
>
> This is circular logic. Since no one else yet wrote any of
> the above, what you are saying is "you are a troll, because troll
> is you". I don't think you know what troll means, so you use it
> like an insult ("Boo, you criticized my pet computer language, you
> are a troll")

Heh... now the troll is suffering from selective amnesia... read
what you wrote earlier again at

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=698f09f8.0310270625.657f7f9a%40posting.google.com&rnum=35&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmike420%2540ziplip.com%26start%3D30%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D698f09f8.0310270625.657f7f9a%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D35

ziplips... (which come to think of it, is something you ought to do).