From: ·······@noshpam.lbl.gov
Subject: Lisp support on CD Linux Distros?
Hello,

I'm about to delve into the world of bootable CD GNU/Linux distros (
for example, Knoppix ). Could people commend on the support on the
various distros for various dialects of Lisp ( Elisp, Scheme, CL,
etc. ).

Many thanks,

~Tomer Altman

From: MJ Ray
·······@noshpam.lbl.gov wrote:
> for example, Knoppix ). Could people commend on the support on the
> various distros for various dialects of Lisp ( Elisp, Scheme, CL,
> etc. ).

I think Morphix is based closely on Debian, which includes many of the
above, and I'm told it's not too hard to build new variants of, although
I've not tried yet.
From: Matthew Kennedy
Subject: Re: Lisp support on CD Linux Distros?

http://web.metacircles.com/cirCLe%20CD

http://www.cliki.net/Debian
http://www.cliki.net/Gentoo

--
Everybody gets free BORSCHT!
From: Alain Picard
·······@noshpam.lbl.gov writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm about to delve into the world of bootable CD GNU/Linux distros (
> for example, Knoppix ). Could people commend on the support on the
> various distros for various dialects of Lisp ( Elisp, Scheme, CL,
> etc. ).

Knoppix is essentially Debian unstable.  That's what I
installed on my laptop, then did a grand apt-get dist-upgrade.

Then just pick on of the hundreds of packages whose prefix
begins with cl- ...

BTW, `synaptics' is fairly nice to browse available packages.

Good luck,
                        --ap
From: lin8080
SuSE has a CL rpm on their CDs. Very nice :)
(7.3 it is on CD4 in Version 2.24 as I remember)
On a Red Hat 8.0 DVD I see nothing, mybe I search not deep enough.
Alternativly their is a guille or rep ---

I mean it should be possible to find one (or more) for every distrib.
online, hm? (:example elisp)

stefan

From: Håkon Alstadheim
·······@noshpam.lbl.gov writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm about to delve into the world of bootable CD GNU/Linux distros (
> for example, Knoppix ). Could people commend on the support on the
> various distros for various dialects of Lisp ( Elisp, Scheme, CL,
> etc. ).

I guess you've found out that debian (or a debian-based distro) has
the most to offer for lispers.

FWIW, these are the packages in SuSE 8.2 that mention "lisp" in their
clisp
ctags
emacs-auctex
emacs-el