From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Looking for Mac OS X maintainer of "Regex Coach"
Some of you may know my little freeware app "The Regex Coach"[1] which
I've made available for Windows and Linux. Obviously, because it's a
"stand-alone" binary, you need a LW pro license to create it. I have
pro licenses for Windows and Linux but not for Mac OS X, but I've
gotten lots of request for a Mac version.

In the last week I've "ported" the program to LW 4.3 (which was
necessary because I used some undocumented features of 4.2) and it
should now be possible to compile it for OS X. Xanalys was so nice to
give me an evaluation version so I can use my wife's old (and slow,
sigh) PowerBook to prepare an initial OS X version. However, this
evaluation version won't last forever, so if I release a Mac version
to the public I'll need someone to "maintain" it, i.e. this person
would basically just have to re-compile and re-deliver the app if I
make changes to the sources (which doesn't happen to often - about
five releases since May).

Extra bonus points for making a nice package out of it which would
involve coping with Mac-specific things I don't know of like an
installer (or rather DMG I suppose) or an icon.

Of course, you won't get rich with this because it's freeware. But
eternal fame is guaranteed... :)

Send me an email if you're interested.

Thanks in advance,
Edi.

[1] <http://weitz.de/regex-coach/>
From: Doug Tolton
Subject: Re: Looking for Mac OS X maintainer of "Regex Coach"
Edi Weitz wrote:

> Some of you may know my little freeware app "The Regex Coach"[1] which
> I've made available for Windows and Linux. Obviously, because it's a
> "stand-alone" binary, you need a LW pro license to create it. I have
> pro licenses for Windows and Linux but not for Mac OS X, but I've
> gotten lots of request for a Mac version.
>
> In the last week I've "ported" the program to LW 4.3 (which was
> necessary because I used some undocumented features of 4.2) and it
> should now be possible to compile it for OS X. Xanalys was so nice to
> give me an evaluation version so I can use my wife's old (and slow,
> sigh) PowerBook to prepare an initial OS X version. However, this
> evaluation version won't last forever, so if I release a Mac version
> to the public I'll need someone to "maintain" it, i.e. this person
> would basically just have to re-compile and re-deliver the app if I
> make changes to the sources (which doesn't happen to often - about
> five releases since May).
>
> Extra bonus points for making a nice package out of it which would
> involve coping with Mac-specific things I don't know of like an
> installer (or rather DMG I suppose) or an icon.
>
> Of course, you won't get rich with this because it's freeware. But
> eternal fame is guaranteed... :)
>
> Send me an email if you're interested.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Edi.
>
> [1] <http://weitz.de/regex-coach/>

Have you found a maintainer yet?  I may get a licence for LW on Mac in
the next month or so.  I really like the interfaces it builds for the
Mac.  Let me know if you don't find someone who can maintain it before then.

I also currently have the evaluation version for the Mac, so if you want
I can start doing it now for you.

--
Doug Tolton
(format t ยทยทยท@~a~a.~a" "dtolton" "ya" "hoo" "com")