From: Doug Tolton
Subject: Assorted ILC 2003 Pictures
Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of the
conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera while she
was out site seeing. :)

Yes there are a few pictures of Paul Graham.  Just remember he is the
one responsible for bringing me to Lisp, so meeting Paul Graham and John
McCarthy was really cool for me. :)

There is a full size set, and a scaled set.  You probably won't care
about the full size set unless you want to see how much my hands jiggle
when I'm taking pictures.

you can see them here:
http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/index.html

--
Doug Tolton
(format t ···@~a~a.~a" "dtolton" "ya" "hoo" "com")

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: Assorted ILC 2003 Pictures
Doug Tolton wrote:

> Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of the
> conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera while she
> was out site seeing. :)
>
> Yes there are a few pictures of Paul Graham.  Just remember he is the
> one responsible for bringing me to Lisp, so meeting Paul Graham and John
> McCarthy was really cool for me. :)
>
> There is a full size set, and a scaled set.  You probably won't care
> about the full size set unless you want to see how much my hands jiggle
> when I'm taking pictures.
>
> you can see them here:
> http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/index.html

This is scary. Is it just me, or do all Lispniks look identical?

:)

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my:
From: Duane Rettig

> Doug Tolton wrote:
>
> > Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of
> > the conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera
> > while she was out site seeing. :)
>
> > Yes there are a few pictures of Paul Graham.  Just remember he is
> > the one responsible for bringing me to Lisp, so meeting Paul Graham
> > and John McCarthy was really cool for me. :)
>
> > There is a full size set, and a scaled set.  You probably won't care
> > about the full size set unless you want to see how much my hands
> > jiggle when I'm taking pictures.
>
> > you can see them here:
>
> > http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/index.html
> >

> This is scary. Is it just me, or do all Lispniks look identical?

Yes, Kenny, it's just you.  Only you look identical.

:-)

From: Nils Goesche
Duane Rettig <·····@franz.com> writes:

> Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> writes:
>
> > This is scary. Is it just me, or do all Lispniks look identical?
>
> Yes, Kenny, it's just you.  Only you look identical.

Now we're all confused.  Just for the record: who is who on this
one:

  http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/374.html

Is this really Duane, Kenny, Paul and Erann?

Regards,
--
Nils G�sche

PGP key ID #xD26EF2A0
From: Doug Tolton
Nils Goesche wrote:

> Duane Rettig <·····@franz.com> writes:
>

>>Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> writes:
>>

>>>This is scary. Is it just me, or do all Lispniks look identical?
>>
>>Yes, Kenny, it's just you.  Only you look identical.
>

> Now we're all confused.  Just for the record: who is who on this
> one:
>
>   http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/374.html
>
> Is this really Duane, Kenny, Paul and Erann?
>
> Regards,

No, sorry.. That is Duane, Kenny, Paul, but I don't remember the fourth
guys name.  If someone knows his name, I'll update it to reflect that.

From: Kenny Tilton
Doug Tolton wrote:
> Nils Goesche wrote:
>
>> Duane Rettig <·····@franz.com> writes:

>>> Yes, Kenny, it's just you.  Only you look identical.
>>

>> Now we're all confused.  Just for the record: who is who on this
>> one:
>>
>>   http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/374.html
>>
>> Is this really Duane, Kenny, Paul and Erann?
>>
>> Regards,
>

> No, sorry.. That is Duane, Kenny, Paul, but I don't remember the fourth
> guys name.  If someone knows his name, I'll update it to reflect that.

Jan Rychter. Big Cells fan. :)

From: Jan Rychter
 Kenny> Doug Tolton wrote:
[...]
 >> No, sorry.. That is Duane, Kenny, Paul, but I don't remember the
 >> fourth guys name.  If someone knows his name, I'll update it to
 >> reflect that.

 Kenny> Jan Rychter. Big Cells fan. :)

Big Kenny fan, too. Go Kenny!

--J.
From: Doug Tolton
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Doug Tolton wrote:
>
>> Nils Goesche wrote:

>>> Now we're all confused.  Just for the record: who is who on this
>>> one:
>>>
>>>   http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/374.html
>>>
>>> Is this really Duane, Kenny, Paul and Erann?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>

>> No, sorry.. That is Duane, Kenny, Paul, but I don't remember the
>> fourth guys name.  If someone knows his name, I'll update it to
>> reflect that.
>>

> Jan Rychter. Big Cells fan. :)

Ok, I've updated the Index to more accurately reflect the people.  There
is still someone on the far left of 375 that I don't know by name.  If
anyone has his name, please post it and I'll update the index.

From: Rainer Joswig
In article <······················@news.easynews.com>,
 Doug Tolton <····@nospam.com> wrote:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

> > Doug Tolton wrote:

> >> No, sorry.. That is Duane, Kenny, Paul, but I don't remember the
> >> fourth guys name.  If someone knows his name, I'll update it to
> >> reflect that.
> >>

> > Jan Rychter. Big Cells fan. :)
> >
> Ok, I've updated the Index to more accurately reflect the people.  There
> is still someone on the far left of 375 that I don't know by name.  If
> anyone has his name, please post it and I'll update the index.

375, far left?

That should be David Bakhash. Right?
From: Kenny Tilton
Rainer Joswig wrote:

> 375, far left?
>
> That should be David Bakhash. Right?

Yep.

From: Edi Weitz
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 03:26:49 +0200, Rainer Joswig <······@lispmachine.de> wrote:

> 375, far left?
>
> That should be David Bakhash. Right?

And the one between Kenny and Duane Rettig?

You know, us celebrity cheerleaders need /all/ names. Go team!!!

Edi.
From: Kenny Tilton
Edi Weitz wrote:

>>375, far left?
>>
>>That should be David Bakhash. Right?
>

> And the one between Kenny and Duane Rettig?
>
> You know, us celebrity cheerleaders need /all/ names. Go team!!!
>
> Edi.

In 375, that is none other than Erann "Lisp In Space" Gat. I emphasize
375 because the url further up points to 374, where the one between me
and Duane is Nil.

:)

kenny

From: Roman Belenov

> In 375, that is none other than Erann "Lisp In Space" Gat. I emphasize
> 375 because the url further up points to 374, where the one between me
> and Duane is Nil.

(values) seems more appropriate ;-)

--
 							With regards, Roman.

Standard disclaimer: I work for them, but I don't speak for them.
From: Christopher C. Stacy

 Kenny> Doug Tolton wrote:

 >> Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of
 >> the conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera
 >> while she was out site seeing. :)
 >> Yes there are a few pictures of Paul Graham.  Just remember he is
 >> the one responsible for bringing me to Lisp, so meeting Paul Graham
 >> and John McCarthy was really cool for me. :)
 >> There is a full size set, and a scaled set.  You probably won't care
 >> about the full size set unless you want to see how much my hands
 >> jiggle when I'm taking pictures.
 >> you can see them here:
 >> http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/index.html

 Kenny> This is scary. Is it just me, or do all Lispniks look identical?

In my experience, they're usually characters, but not EQ.
From: Frederic Brunel
> Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of the
> conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera while she
> was out site seeing. :)

Great pictures though! It's always cool to be able to put a picture on a
name! :)

I think there should be a central repository for all photos of the ILC.
I didn't see anything of the main Web site.

--
Frederic Brunel
From: Doug Tolton
Frederic Brunel wrote:

>> Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of the
>> conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera while
>> she was out site seeing. :)
>

> Great pictures though! It's always cool to be able to put a picture on a
> name! :)
>
> I think there should be a central repository for all photos of the ILC.
> I didn't see anything of the main Web site.

I think that's a great idea as well.

someone updated the cliki and put links to my pictures and to the
pictures by Rainer Joswig.

http://www.cliki.net/International%20Lisp%20Conference%202003

Rainers appear to be hosted on the ALU site.

From: Jock Cooper
Doug Tolton <····@nospam.com> writes:

> Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of the
> conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera while
> she was out site seeing. :)
>
> Yes there are a few pictures of Paul Graham.  Just remember he is the
> one responsible for bringing me to Lisp, so meeting Paul Graham and
> John McCarthy was really cool for me. :)
>
> There is a full size set, and a scaled set.  You probably won't care
> about the full size set unless you want to see how much my hands
> jiggle when I'm taking pictures.
>
> you can see them here:
> http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/index.html
>
> --
> Doug Tolton
> (format t ···@~a~a.~a" "dtolton" "ya" "hoo" "com")

Um, I love seeing these pictures.. but you might want to shrink them
and reduce the JPG quality.  The browser is resizing to 640x480 anyway.
If you reduce them and save at say 70% you can get images more in the
30-40k range..
From: Doug Tolton
Jock Cooper wrote:

> Doug Tolton <····@nospam.com> writes:
>

>>Here are some pictures I took at the ILC.  I didn't get as many of the
>>conference as I would've liked because my wife had the camera while
>>she was out site seeing. :)
>>
>>Yes there are a few pictures of Paul Graham.  Just remember he is the
>>one responsible for bringing me to Lisp, so meeting Paul Graham and
>>John McCarthy was really cool for me. :)
>>
>>There is a full size set, and a scaled set.  You probably won't care
>>about the full size set unless you want to see how much my hands
>>jiggle when I'm taking pictures.
>>
>>you can see them here:
>>http://207.135.142.19/ilc-photos/index.html
>>
>>--
>>Doug Tolton
>>(format t ···@~a~a.~a" "dtolton" "ya" "hoo" "com")
>

> Um, I love seeing these pictures.. but you might want to shrink them
> and reduce the JPG quality.  The browser is resizing to 640x480 anyway.
> If you reduce them and save at say 70% you can get images more in the
> 30-40k range..

I'll look into that.  It may be a day or two though, I have a test to
prepare for this week.

I'm planning to keep the archive up for the forseeable future though, so
that will be worth it in the long run.