From: ·······@ziplip.com
Subject: Re: BIG successes of Lisp
Joe Marshall wrote:

> ·······@ziplip.com writes:
>
>> Ivan Toshkov wrote:
>>

>>> Besides, when I read the description of orbiz, I was with the
>>> impression, that they prealocated the memory for just that reason: to
>>> remove the need for garbage collection.
>>
>> An why would anyone do something this gross to optimize something
>> that is not a real bottleneck? Think when you read. The fact is,
>> they still had close their whole web site for maintenance every
>> once in a while (I never said if it was a supercomputer cluser or
>> a DOS machine) I added "AFAIK" qualifier because it may
>> be an old and already resolved issue.
>>
>> Edi Weitz and Joe Marshall, you may stop kissing ass now. You
>> need brains to work for ITA, not lips.
>
> I'm well aware of the necessary qualifications for working at ITA.

Do the necessary qualifications have anything to do with
why you do not work there any more, while ITA is still
recruiting?

<insert random lie here, joe>

> I worked there.

Half-truth

> Any shutdown at Orbitz was (and is) unrelated to
> garbage collection.

Another

Anyway, I'm getting tired of your mindless content-free
pukes of posts. Someone said ·············@comcast.net was
also you. Is that right?

If you strive for expressing balanced opinions, I might
let you stick around and have my left-overs.

From: Terry Reedy
<·······@ziplip.com> wrote in message
·············································@ziplip.com...
> Joe Marshall wrote:
>
> > ·······@ziplip.com writes:
> >
> >> Ivan Toshkov wrote:

As far as I can tell, this discussion of Orbiz has nothing to do with
Python.
Could you Lisp guys leave us out?

TJR
From: Joe Marshall
·······@ziplip.com writes:

> Joe Marshall wrote:
>
>> ·······@ziplip.com writes:

>>> An why would anyone do something this gross to optimize something
>>> that is not a real bottleneck? Think when you read. The fact is,
>>> they still had close their whole web site for maintenance every
>>> once in a while (I never said if it was a supercomputer cluser or
>>> a DOS machine) I added "AFAIK" qualifier because it may
>>> be an old and already resolved issue.
>>>
>>> Edi Weitz and Joe Marshall, you may stop kissing ass now. You
>>> need brains to work for ITA, not lips.
>>
>> I'm well aware of the necessary qualifications for working at ITA.
>
> Do the necessary qualifications have anything to do with
> why you do not work there any more, while ITA is still
> recruiting?

You're obviously more informed than I am, so you tell me.

> <insert random lie here, joe>

I did not inhale.

>> I worked there.
>
> Half-truth

Which half?

>> Any shutdown at Orbitz was (and is) unrelated to
>> garbage collection.
>
> Another

The expert speaks.

> Anyway, I'm getting tired of your mindless content-free
> pukes of posts.

I don't recall asking you.

> Someone said ·············@comcast.net was
> also you. Is that right?
>
> If you strive for expressing balanced opinions, I might
> let you stick around and have my left-overs.

Why would I want those?