From: ·······@ziplip.com
Subject: FFI
I have this genius idea about making Lisp better: we need
more foreign libraries wrapped in Lisp, however, writing
and debugging FFI is a huge pain (no, I'm not talking about
simple C snippets called from Lisp here). So... We need to
*steal* FFI wrappers from some other dynamically-typed
language. The best candidate is probably Perl (no, not Python,
it has this ugly GC on top of reference counting thing,
which makes its FFI code difficult and incompatible with Lisp)
Perl's libaries are huge.

We need a program that will take Perl FFI code and produce
Lisp FFI code. For this task, it's probably easiest to hack
Perl itself, but I'm not sure (what do you think?). It will
probably be a very unpleasant task, but once this is done,
we should be automatically generate Lisp FFIs for most of
the libraries in CPAN!