From: Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion
Subject: LISP implementation in windows with graphics capabilities?
Hello all

I am looking for an implementation of lisp for windows which graphics
capabilities. Something like the TK module from TCL will be ok.

Any suggestions?

From: Basim Al-Shaikhli
Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion wrote:

> I am looking for an implementation of lisp for windows which graphics
> capabilities. Something like the TK module from TCL will be ok.
>
> Any suggestions?

you could use with-wish, which runs under different lisps

ftp://ftp.cis.upenn.edu/pub/kaye/with-wish.tar.Z

it spawns a separate wish-process, with which you can exchange messages
via strings. it's nice if you just want to have a gui-frontend for your
lisp-application, but i encountered some problems when i tried to bind
lisp functions to (for example) tk-scrollbar-events. communication
seemed to be too slow to handle this appropriately.

Basim
From: Christopher C. Stacy

 Alfonso> Hello all
 Alfonso> I am looking for an implementation of lisp for windows which graphics
 Alfonso> capabilities. Something like the TK module from TCL will be ok.

The two major commercial implementatios, ACL and Xanalys, have graphics.
From: Steven M. Haflich
Christopher C. Stacy wrote:

> The two major commercial implementatios, ACL and Xanalys, have graphics.

And both have downloadable free versions for noncommercial use.  See
the web sites for details:

www.franz.com
www.xanalys.com