From: Rex Dieter
Subject: native cmucl build for redhat
I'm working on building several lisp implementations/packages for the fedora
redhat project, and have successfully built packages for gcl, clisp, sbcl,
and am currently working on cmucl.  I have only been able to find binary
builds for cmucl available from http://www.cons.org/cmucl/, but nothing on
how to make a native binary build (from source).

Any pointers?

--
Rex A. Dieter
Computer System Administrator

From: Rex Dieter
Subject: Re: native cmucl build for redhat
Rex Dieter wrote:

> I'm working on building several lisp implementations/packages for the
> fedora redhat project, and have successfully built packages for gcl,
> clisp, sbcl,
> and am currently working on cmucl.  I have only been able to find binary
> builds for cmucl available from http://www.cons.org/cmucl/, but nothing on
> how to make a native binary build (from source).
>
> Any pointers?

For posterity, I found several options:
http://www.cons.org/cmucl/cmucl-build/
http://www.pmsf.de/resources/lisp/CMUCL.html

From: Rex Dieter
Using the build-tools from http://www.cons.org/cmucl/cmucl-build/ works
wonderfully, except the build dies at one point (transcript appended).

Any ideas on how to proceed?

-- Rex

-------------build failure transcript----------------------------

/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/linux-os.x86f
/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/serve-event.x86f
/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/stream.x86f
/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/fd-stream.x86f
/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/print.x86f
/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/pprint.x86f

End-of-File on #<Stream for file "/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/pprint.x86f">

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of #<Stream for file
"/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/pprint.x86f">.
  1:            Return NIL from load of "target:tools/worldbuild".
  2: [ABORT   ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(COMMON-LISP::FD-STREAM-READ-N-BYTES
 #<Stream for file "/tmp/cmucl/linux-build/code/pprint.x86f">
 #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x40582BD0)
 112
 1216
 ...)