From: Doug Tolton
Subject: File transformations with Lisp
I have to transform a tab delimited ASCII Text file into a rather
nasty tagged format something like the following:

***Document Delimeter***
..field1:
value
..field2:
value
..field3:
value
***Document Delimeter***

I also have to generate another different file format as well as
rearrange some files based on the values in the tab delimeted file.

Is there a package that will do this already for CL?  If not, what is
the best way to go about doing file transformations of this sort?

I could do this in Python, but I would really love to do it in Lisp,
but as I've mentioned in previous posts, I lack enough understanding
to accomplish this in Lisp.

Any help and / or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Tolton
(format t ยทยทยท@~a~a.~a" "dtolton" "ya" "hoo" "com")