From: Vladimir S.
Subject: Howard Dean needs Lispers!
Thought I'd forward this (found it on lemonodor):

"Dean for America <http://www.deanforamerica.com> is seeking volunteers
with extensive knowledge of Common Lisp (and related programming
languages) to help in Information Technology and Internet Strategy."

Details at: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.cl-http/74

Vladimir

PS - If this isn't a good reason to vote Democrat, I don't know what
is.

PPS - Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I would appreciate a change of overlords
in our Southern neighbor.

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: Howard Dean needs Lispers!
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:01:25 GMT, Vladimir S. <·································@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Thought I'd forward this (found it on lemonodor):
>
> "Dean for America <http://www.deanforamerica.com> is seeking volunteers
> with extensive knowledge of Common Lisp (and related programming
> languages) to help in Information Technology and Internet Strategy."
>
> Details at: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.cl-http/74

On a related note, this is from Rainer Joswig's weblog:

  "There is a new CL-HTTP pre-release version: 70.187. The port for
   LispWorks has seen some real improvements. Support has been
   provided by Xanalys to increase performance and robustify the
   code. An application on top of CL-HTTP, running in LispWorks/Linux,
   will be used for the Howard Dean campaign. Some years ago CL-HTTP
   has been used as the web server for the publications site of
   president Clinton (those were the days...)."

   <http://lispm.dyndns.org:8000/>

Edi.
From: Kenny Tilton
Vladimir S. wrote:

> Thought I'd forward this (found it on lemonodor):
>
> "Dean for America <http://www.deanforamerica.com> is seeking volunteers
> with extensive knowledge of Common Lisp (and related programming
> languages) to help in Information Technology and Internet Strategy."

Now if I can just get HD to respond to the Road to Lisp survey...

:)

kt

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Lars Brinkhoff
> Now if I can just get HD to respond to the Road to Lisp survey...

...using your laptop?
From: David Steuber

> Now if I can just get HD to respond to the Road to Lisp survey...

Heh.

Do we really want to bring politics into this group?  Some of us (or
perhaps just me) are still upset about Harry Brown's stunning defeat
in the Y2K election.

--
   One Emacs to rule them all.  One Emacs to find them,
   One Emacs to take commands and to the keystrokes bind them,

All other programming languages wish they were Lisp.
From: Matt Curtin
David Steuber <·············@verizon.net> writes:

> Do we really want to bring politics into this group?

And all this time, I was thinking that "the Lisp group" was in the
talk.politics hierarchy... ;-)

--
Matt Curtin, CISSP, IAM, INTP.  Keywords: Lisp, Unix, Internet, INFOSEC.
Founder, Interhack Corporation +1 614 545 HACK http://web.interhack.com/
From: Kenny Tilton
David Steuber wrote:
> Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> writes:
>

>>Now if I can just get HD to respond to the Road to Lisp survey...
>

> Heh.
>
> Do we really want to bring politics into this group?  Some of us (or
> perhaps just me) are still upset about Harry Brown's stunning defeat
> in the Y2K election.

HB uses Lisp? Tell him about the Road, will you?

kt

--
http://tilton-technology.com