From: Robert Bruce Carleton
Subject: 3 Button mouse with Symbolics MacIvory II
I just bought a refurbished MacIvory II from DKS at Symbolics.  It works
well but came with the Mac one button mouse.

Has anyone out there used a Mac 3 button ADB mouse with Genera.  I asked DKS
and he said that he thought that Genera would only recognize the Symbolics
three button mouse through the ADB adapter.

Any suggestions?  Anyone selling an ADB adapter?

Best regards,

   --Bruce

From: Andreas Holz
Subject: Re: 3 Button mouse with Symbolics MacIvory II
Robert Bruce Carleton <···@hakuhale.net> wrote in message news:<··············@corp.supernews.com>...
> I just bought a refurbished MacIvory II from DKS at Symbolics.  It works
> well but came with the Mac one button mouse.
>
> Has anyone out there used a Mac 3 button ADB mouse with Genera.  I asked DKS
> and he said that he thought that Genera would only recognize the Symbolics
> three button mouse through the ADB adapter.
>
> Any suggestions?  Anyone selling an ADB adapter?
>
> Best regards,
>
>    --Bruce

Try Peter Paine in the UK.

Andreas
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <··············@corp.supernews.com>,
 Robert Bruce Carleton <···@hakuhale.net> wrote:

> I just bought a refurbished MacIvory II from DKS at Symbolics.  It works
> well but came with the Mac one button mouse.
>
> Has anyone out there used a Mac 3 button ADB mouse with Genera.  I asked DKS
> and he said that he thought that Genera would only recognize the Symbolics
> three button mouse through the ADB adapter.

Right, but see below.

> Any suggestions?  Anyone selling an ADB adapter?
>
> Best regards,
>
>    --Bruce

Why not get a three-button Logitech mouse for the Mac with
ADB. Get the Logitech driver and map the mouse buttons so you
have the three buttons correct for use with Genera.
Worked for me.
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Rainer Joswig <······@lispmachine.de> writes:
> Why not get a three-button Logitech mouse for the Mac with
> ADB. Get the Logitech driver and map the mouse buttons so you
> have the three buttons correct for use with Genera.
> Worked for me.

What?  You mean Logitech still  sells plain three-button mice?  On the
various  catalogs  I  browsed,   I  could  only  find  fancy  wireless
humphteen-button-multi-scroll-quadruple-joystick "mice".

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/
From: Robert Bruce Carleton

Thanks to everyone who answered.  I'll have to figure out which option is
the most available.

Best regards,

   --Bruce

Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> Rainer Joswig <······@lispmachine.de> writes:
>> Why not get a three-button Logitech mouse for the Mac with
>> ADB. Get the Logitech driver and map the mouse buttons so you
>> have the three buttons correct for use with Genera.
>> Worked for me.
>
> What?  You mean Logitech still  sells plain three-button mice?  On the
> various  catalogs  I  browsed,   I  could  only  find  fancy  wireless
> humphteen-button-multi-scroll-quadruple-joystick "mice".

- --
Robert Bruce Carleton + ···@hakuhale.net + http://home.hakuhale.net/rbc/