From: Marc Battyani
Subject: 3D Maths
I have 3 light sources on the ceiling that form an equilateral triangle.
I'm on the floor looking at them with some kind of high res device so I have
rather accurate x-y (angles) coordonates for these 3 points (0.01� rms). From
this, I want to precisely compute my position and the orientation.

Does anybody knows where I can find some usable formula for this. Before I
spend the night doing the maths ;-)

Thanks

Marc

From: ······@panix.com
Subject: Re: 3D Maths
"Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:
> I have 3 light sources on the ceiling that form an equilateral triangle.

   With an equilateral triangle, wouldnt you have three
possible solutions for your position due to the rotational
symmetry of the triangle?

harley.
From: Marc Battyani
<······@panix.com> wrote
> "Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:
> > I have 3 light sources on the ceiling that form an equilateral triangle.
>
>    With an equilateral triangle, wouldnt you have three
> possible solutions for your position due to the rotational
> symmetry of the triangle?

The light sources are modulated so I know which one is the 1, 2 and 3.
Otherwise you are right, there would be 3 solutions.

Marc

I'm still looking for people interested to contribute to:
cl-typesetting (www.fractalconcept.com/ex.pdf)
and cl-pdf (www.fractalconcept.com/asp/cl-pdf.html)