From: Jonathan.Bailleul
Subject: defsystem stupid problem
I have the following error when I try to load my binarize.system using
defsystem-3.x (clocc) on CMUCL 1.8e:

(load-system 'binarize)
Warning:  Declaring BINARIZE-DIR special.
Warning:  Dependency GENSTATS of component #<FILE: binarize-read> not
found.

Error in function UNIX::SIGBUS-HANDLER:  Bus Error at #x400E21B0.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of
#p"/users/these/bailleul/These/Binarize/binarize.system".
  1: [ABORT   ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(UNIX::SIGBUS-HANDLER #<unused-arg> #<unused-arg> #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP
#xFFBEDE18))
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:
  target:code/signal.lisp.
0]

Here is the quite simple system file featuring the genstats module that
do not seem to be recognized as a dependency for binarize-read file:

;;the current dir
(setf binarize-dir "/users/these/bailleul/These/Binarize")

(defsystem binarize
  :source-pathname binarize-dir
  :source-extension "lisp"
  :binary-pathname binarize-dir
  :binary-extension "sparcf"
  ;; :initially-do (format t "now loading system")
  :components ((:module genstats
			:source-pathname "GenStats"
			:binary-pathname "GenStats"
			:components ((:file "make-gplot-script.lisp")))
	       (:module binarize-core
			:source-pathname ""
			:binary-pathname ""
			:components ((:file "binarize-read"
					    :depends-on (genstats))
				     (:file "LocateBoundaries"
					    :depends-on ("binarize-read")))))

  :depends-on nil)

I feel sorry since I made efforts to comply with examples from the
documentation! Can someone figure out what I missed?

In advance, thank you for your help!

--
-----------------------------------
Jonathan BAILLEUL, Doctorant

From: Thomas A. Russ
Subject: Re: defsystem stupid problem
"Jonathan.Bailleul" <········@greyc.ismra.fr> writes:

> I have the following error when I try to load my binarize.system using
> defsystem-3.x (clocc) on CMUCL 1.8e:

Sorry that I don't have the time to go through this in too much detail,
but I do have something you can try that may work:

> (load-system 'binarize)
> Warning:  Declaring BINARIZE-DIR special.
> found.

Use DEFVAR or DEFPARMETER rather than SETF.  It would also be more in
keeping with Common Lisp style to name this *BINARIZE-DIR*.

For the future, you may want to also look into logical pathnames, but
that doesn't affect your current problem.

> (UNIX::SIGBUS-HANDLER #<unused-arg> #<unused-arg> #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP
> #xFFBEDE18))
> Source: Error finding source: =

Looks like you may have a stray character in your input.

> Here is the quite simple system file featuring the genstats module that
> do not seem to be recognized as a dependency for binarize-read file:
>

> ;;the current dir
> (setf binarize-dir "/users/these/bailleul/These/Binarize") =
>

> (defsystem binarize
>   :source-pathname binarize-dir
>   :source-extension "lisp"
>   :binary-pathname binarize-dir
>   :binary-extension "sparcf"
>   ;; :initially-do (format t "now loading system")
>   :components ((:module genstats
> 			:source-pathname "GenStats"
> 			:binary-pathname "GenStats"
> 			:components ((:file "make-gplot-script.lisp")))
> 	       (:module binarize-core
> 			:source-pathname ""
> 			:binary-pathname ""
> 			:components ((:file "binarize-read"
> 					    :depends-on (genstats))
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here is the likely culprit.  This dependency declaration is at the wrong
level of the system.  It should be a dependency of the module
binarize-core rather than of the file.  Try moving it from here up into
the module declaration.

> 				     (:file "LocateBoundaries"
> 					    :depends-on ("binarize-read")))))
> 			=
                       ^^^
                  This shouldn't be here.  Don't know if this is
actually in your source or is a mailer glitch.

From: Jonathan.Bailleul
"Thomas A. Russ" wrote:

> "Jonathan.Bailleul" <········@greyc.ismra.fr> writes:
>
> > I have the following error when I try to load my binarize.system using
> > defsystem-3.x (clocc) on CMUCL 1.8e:
>

> > (defsystem binarize
> >   :source-pathname binarize-dir
> >   :source-extension "lisp"
> >   :binary-pathname binarize-dir
> >   :binary-extension "sparcf"
> >   ;; :initially-do (format t "now loading system")
> >   :components ((:module genstats
> >                       :source-pathname "GenStats"
> >                       :binary-pathname "GenStats"
> >                       :components ((:file "make-gplot-script.lisp")))
> >              (:module binarize-core
> >                       :source-pathname ""
> >                       :binary-pathname ""
> >                       :components ((:file "binarize-read"
> >                                           :depends-on (genstats))
> Here is the likely culprit.  This dependency declaration is at the wrong
> level of the system.  It should be a dependency of the module
> binarize-core rather than of the file.  Try moving it from here up into
> the module declaration.

Ok, that was that... Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

--