From: Heow Eide-Goodman
Subject: NYC LOCAL: 3D Lisp Machines, Music & More!
3D Lisp Machines, Music & More!

Lisp NYC will be kicking off our new meeting space with a bang. The
upcoming meeting will include:

    * a real, live hardware-based LISP MACHINE and demo by the
retro-guru Carl Shapiro

    * Carl will demo the Symbolics 3D graphics animation system, which
was the first complete 2D/3D system created in part by our own Bob
Coyne.

    * Howard Elmer, music composer and Symbolic Composer user will
discuss music creation and Lisp

    * Lisp-art giveaways! (http://www.kurzweilcyberart.com/)

We will be in the meeting hall of the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral (16
West 26th St. between Broadway and 6th Ave., just SE of Penn Station) at
7:00 on Tuesday, Nov 11th.

Directions:

  http://www.stsavanyc.org/english/e10/location.html

From Manhattan:

The St. Sava Cathedral is located in Manhattan, spanning between West
25th and 26th Street, located between Broadway and Sixth Avenue. The
main Meeting Hall is on 26th Street near Broadway.

Subway: The nearest stop is the N&R at 28th St.  It's also not too far
from Penn Station (A C & E,  1 2 3) and Herald Square (B D F V)

Driving: As you come down Broadway, turn right onto 25th Street, and the
Cathedral is 100 yards on your right.

From New Jersey:

Take the Lincoln Tunnel. Go to Broadway, turn right. Make a right onto
25th St.

From Long Island:

Take the LIE to the Midtown Tunnel. Go to Lexington Avenue, turn left.
Make a right onto 27th Street. Make a left onto Broadway. Make a right
onto 25th Street.
From: Jeff Francis
Subject: Re: NYC LOCAL: 3D Lisp Machines, Music & More!
  Sweet!  Would you guys mind stopping by Seattle so we can see, too? ;^)

--
|      Jeff Francis - N0GQ      | There's plenty of room for  |