From: Rolf Wester
Subject: ILISP questions
Hi,

I'have used ILISP (Linux, Xemacs 21.4, CMUCL18d) quite a while now but
still I'm not very familiar with its features and capabilities.
I have two questions concerning the buffers and their interaction:

1. Without (setf lisp-no-popper t) Xemacs hangs after some evaluations
and/or compilations.  Is this a configuration problem or a problem with
Xemacs?

2. When I define the function:

(defun run (n)
   (loop for i from 0 below 100
	do (print i)
	sum (loop for j from 0 below n
		  sum (* i j))))

(run 2000)

in a lisp source file, type C-e with the cursor within the defun form
and then within the (run 2000) form the output is written to the
lisp-listener buffer only after "run" has finished. When typing (run
2000) in the lisp-listener buffer and hitting return the output is
written immediatly while "run" is running. Is there any way to make
ilisp write the output to the lisp-listener buffer immediatly too and
not only after finishing of "run"?

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards

Rolf Wester

P.S.: I posted my questions to the ilisp-help mailing list but didn't
get a solution of my problem.
From: Rolf Wester
Subject: Re: ILISP questions
Hi,

I found the answer to question 2 myself. I have:

(setq ilisp-*use-fsf-compliant-keybindings* t)

inserted in my init.el file and didn't recognize that C-c C-e is bound
to a different function in that case.

Regards

Rolf Wester