From: Hal Niner
Subject: The programming language T
Now and then I hear about T.  It is mentioned by kmp, Paul Graham,
among others. Is there any implementation still available on some dim
corner of the WWW?

Sorry if this is a faq, but Google isn't really good with one-letter
searches. ;)

hal9

From: Franz Kafka
Subject: Re: The programming language T
"Hal Niner" <····@cyberspace.org> wrote in message
·································@posting.google.com...
> Now and then I hear about T.  It is mentioned by kmp, Paul Graham,
> among others. Is there any implementation still available on some dim
> corner of the WWW?
>
> Sorry if this is a faq, but Google isn't really good with one-letter
> searches. ;)
>
> hal9

It's a dialect of Scheme developed by Yale
so try searching for  "t scheme" or "t scheme yale" or "t lisp yale"

got to

http://www.paulgraham.com/thist.html

for some history about T.

from the Scheme Language FAQ

T3.1 is a Scheme-like language developed at Yale. Available by
   anonymous ftp from
       ftp.ai.mit.edu:/pub/systems/t3.1/
   T may be obtained in Europe from
       nic.funet.fi:/pub/unix/languages/scheme/t3.1/
       ftp.diku.dk:/pub/t3.1/
   Runs on DecStations (MIPS processor) and SGI Iris, Sun4
   (SPARC), Sun3, Vax/Unix. Includes a copy of the online version of the
   T manual and release notes for T3.0 and T3.1. All implementations
   include a foreign function (C) interface. To be informed of fixes, new
   releases, etc., send your email address to ·········@cs.yale.edu. Bug
   reports should go to ·······@cs.yale.edu. A multiprocessing version of
   T (for Encore Multimax) is available from masala.lcs.mit.edu:/pub/mult.
   [The sources were last modified November 22, 1991.]

hope this helps. don't know if the sites are up or not.
From: Franz Kafka
"Franz Kafka" <Symbolics _ XL1201 _ Sebek _ Budo _ Kafka @ hotmail . com>
wrote in message ·······················@news02.roc.ny.frontiernet.net...

> "Hal Niner" <····@cyberspace.org> wrote in message
> ·································@posting.google.com...
> > Now and then I hear about T.  It is mentioned by kmp, Paul Graham,
> > among others. Is there any implementation still available on some dim
> > corner of the WWW?

Try

http://www.funet.fi/pub/unix/languages/scheme/impls/t3.1/

It appears to be T ver. 3.1 because I don't use Unix--I
don't know if it is what you want.

Happy Lisping.
From: Peter Seibel
····@cyberspace.org (Hal Niner) writes:

> Now and then I hear about T. It is mentioned by kmp, Paul Graham,
> among others. Is there any implementation still available on some
> dim corner of the WWW?

There's a manual in the readscheme website:

  <http://library.readscheme.org/papers/t_manual.pdf>

It's labeled "Fifth Edition, Pre-Beta Draft, October 28, 1988". Having
read a bit of it I discovered that it is:

  the result of converting the 1984 T2.7 manual to LaTeX and then
  slapping in the release notes from T3.0 and T3.1.

I have no idea if there were any interesting language changes between
2.7 and 3.1 but I'm guessing probably not; why would they have
published an old manual if there was important stuff in the newer
version. But, of course, anything is possible.

-Peter