From: Bill Clementson
Subject: ILISP FSF key binding changes completed
I uploaded the FSF key binding changes to CVS a week
ago and have not had any feedback on the changes. I
guess that means one of two things:

1. Everybody has downloaded the changes, thinks they
are terrific and has no comments or suggestions for
changes.

2. Everybody is preoccupied with work and life and
have assumed that the key binding changes either won't
affect them or that they will be ok.

Being the optimist, I have assumed that #1 is the case :)

I have updated the ilisp documentation to reflect the
changes to the fsf key bindings today and am considering
this enhancement to be now complete.

--
Bill Clementson

From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: Re: ILISP FSF key binding changes completed
Bill Clementson <·······@attbi.com> writes:

> I uploaded the FSF key binding changes to CVS a week
> ago and have not had any feedback on the changes. I
> guess that means one of two things:
>
> 1. Everybody has downloaded the changes, thinks they
> are terrific and has no comments or suggestions for
> changes.
>
> 2. Everybody is preoccupied with work and life and
> have assumed that the key binding changes either won't
> affect them or that they will be ok.
>
> Being the optimist, I have assumed that #1 is the case :)
>
> I have updated the ilisp documentation to reflect the
> changes to the fsf key bindings today and am considering
> this enhancement to be now complete.

Thanks

marc
From: Peter Seibel
Bill Clementson <·······@attbi.com> writes:

> I uploaded the FSF key binding changes to CVS a week
> ago and have not had any feedback on the changes. I
> guess that means one of two things:
>
> 1. Everybody has downloaded the changes, thinks they
> are terrific and has no comments or suggestions for
> changes.
>
> 2. Everybody is preoccupied with work and life and
> have assumed that the key binding changes either won't
> affect them or that they will be ok.
>
> Being the optimist, I have assumed that #1 is the case :)
>
> I have updated the ilisp documentation to reflect the
> changes to the fsf key bindings today and am considering
> this enhancement to be now complete.

Cool. Good news. (Though I have to admit that I, too, am an optimist
so I took door #2 and assumed the changes would be good.) Do you know
how long before these changes show up in the xemacs package system?

-Peter

From: Bill Clementson
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> Cool. Good news. (Though I have to admit that I, too, am an optimist
> so I took door #2 and assumed the changes would be good.) Do you know
> how long before these changes show up in the xemacs package system?

I am an emacs user, so I don't know how long it takes for changes to
external packages to be reflected in xemacs. Does xemacs only install
released versions of packages or can it install from cvs as well? At the
moment, the changes are only accessible from cvs.

--
Bill Clementson
From: Peter Seibel
Bill Clementson <·······@attbi.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
>
> > Cool. Good news. (Though I have to admit that I, too, am an optimist
> > so I took door #2 and assumed the changes would be good.) Do you know
> > how long before these changes show up in the xemacs package system?
>
> I am an emacs user, so I don't know how long it takes for changes to
> external packages to be reflected in xemacs. Does xemacs only
> install released versions of packages or can it install from cvs as
> well? At the moment, the changes are only accessible from cvs.

I don't think they grab stuff from CVS. Frankly I don't know much
about it except I seems to recall that ILISP was one of the many
packages that I installed as part of the official Xemacs installation.
If I track anything down about how the "official" versions (from
Xemacs's point of view) get updated, I'll let you know.

-Peter

From: Will Deakin
Bill Clementson <·······@attbi.com> wrote in message news:<··············@attbi.com>...
> Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
>
> > Cool. Good news. (Though I have to admit that I, too, am an optimist
> > so I took door #2 and assumed the changes would be good.) Do you know
> > how long before these changes show up in the xemacs package system?
>
> I am an emacs user, so I don't know how long it takes for changes to
> external packages to be reflected in xemacs. Does xemacs only install
> released versions of packages or can it install from cvs as well? At the
> moment, the changes are only accessible from cvs.
As I'm the bloke with (or at least *had*) the write access writes to
the xemacs ilisp package I'd better get off my hairy stump and do
something about this. (I've been suffering from what, I think, Bill
Clementson would classify as #2 problems :)

:)w