From: scav50
Subject: mass stupidity (was "village idiot")
Espen Vestre wrote:

> Scientists say that the concept of 'human races' is nonsense.
> So where do you think racism comes from?

you need "scientists" to tell you this? god, you are even dumber than
kaz and marc `antipersonnel' spitzer. don't engage in `personnel'
attacks! if you re-read this thread, you'll notice that i didn't
attack anyone here who didn't attack my personnel first. do you have
anything of value to add to the discussion? as we can all plainly see,
none of these so-called lispers had anything to say about, for
example, the impotence of lisp to handle its own defmacro problems.

From: Geoffrey Summerhayes
Subject: Re: mass stupidity (was "village idiot")
"scav50" <······@yahoo.com> wrote in message ·································@posting.google.com...
> Espen Vestre wrote:
>
> > Scientists say that the concept of 'human races' is nonsense.
> > So where do you think racism comes from?
>
> you need "scientists" to tell you this? god, you are even dumber than
> kaz and marc `antipersonnel' spitzer. don't engage in `personnel'
> attacks! if you re-read this thread, you'll notice that i didn't
> attack anyone here who didn't attack my personnel first. do you have
> anything of value to add to the discussion? as we can all plainly see,
> none of these so-called lispers had anything to say about, for
> example, the impotence of lisp to handle its own defmacro problems.

You can write bad code in any language, instead of blowing smoke
about the language being no good, you could learn how to write it
properly.

C++ is full of things that bite the unwary, but instead of throwing
away the language, somehow you ended up learning to use it. Lisp bites
you and you run away screaming. Go figure.

But do us a favour, drop comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.java.programmer
from your ranting, they get more than enough ON-topic posts.

--
Geoff
From: Ng Pheng Siong
According to Geoffrey Summerhayes <·············@hotmail.com>:
> "scav50" <······@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ·································@posting.google.com...
> >
> > you need "scientists" to tell you this? god, you are even dumber than
> > kaz and marc `antipersonnel' spitzer. don't engage in `personnel'
> > attacks! if you re-read this thread, you'll notice that i didn't
> > attack anyone here who didn't attack my personnel first. do you have
> > anything of value to add to the discussion? as we can all plainly see,
> > none of these so-called lispers had anything to say about, for
> > example, the impotence of lisp to handle its own defmacro problems.
>
> You can write bad code in any language, instead of blowing smoke
> about the language being no good, you could learn how to write it
> properly.

Yeah, next he'll being ranting about English being a bad language to
write in. I mean, just look at his English code up there: truly the
equivalent to a 500-line 25-function function.

;-)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <····@netmemetic.com>

http://firewall.rulemaker.net  -+- Manage Your Firewall Rulebase Changes
http://www.post1.com/home/ngps -+- Open Source Python Crypto & SSL
From: Kenny Tilton
scav50 wrote:
> ...the impotence of lisp to handle its own defmacro problems.

That's not a problem, that's a feature. I have had great success with
macros that captured variables deliberately.

Nice rant originally, btw.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc
From: Franz Kafka
"scav50"
what turned you off to Lisp?

you said you were a Lisp programmer--was it
the language or some of the people who
use the language ???
From: Franz Kafka
"Franz Kafka" <Symbolics _ XL1201 _ Sebek _ Budo _ Kafka @ hotmail . com>
wrote in message ························@news01.roc.ny.frontiernet.net...

> "scav50"
> what turned you off to Lisp?
>
> you said you were a Lisp programmer--was it
> the language or some of the people who
> use the language ???

I could also be that scav50 does not know "Lisp" and is
pissed because an other programmer wants to switch.

Maybe he can ride on C++ by stealing code from
libraries--however, it is harder from him to
pilfer from Lisp because:

a.) he does not know the language.
b.) he does not want to learn a new one
c.) there is not as much source code for him to pilfer.
d.) he likes the core dumps C/C++ gives him.
e.) he is a masochist, and likes C/C++/Java to be his dominatrix
f.) he wouldn't know a good Language iff the CLtL2/CLHS specs.
    fell on him :)
From: Attila Feher
Stop posting bogons to comp.lang.c++.  Thanx!

From: Boethius
······@yahoo.com (scav50) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...

> none of these so-called lispers had anything to say about, for
> example, the impotence of lisp to handle its own defmacro problems.

This 'impotence' issue seems to worry you a lot, doesn't it?