From: Kevin Rosenberg
Subject: AMD64 port for SBCL
For my applications using the Unified Medical Langugage System, the
process space of 32-bit processors is too small. I need a 64-bit CL
implementation. I have proposed a project to port SBCL to the AMD64
architecture. The initial specifications are listed at
http://b9.com/sbcl-amd64.html.

At this point, what is needed is developer time to work on such a
port. I have created a project at http://pubsoft.org where individuals
and organizations can make a tax-deductible donations to fund this
project. I've already committed an initial $1000 and am willing to
donate more.

Larry Hunter recently posted that he paid $50k to obtain a 64-bit
port. In the overall scope of his project, this was a minor amount. I
think that a similar amount would be reasonable for the SBCL
developers to charge for such a port.

If you would benefit from having a freely available, high-quality CL
implementation, I'd encourage you to consider assisting the funding of
this project.

--
Kevin Rosenberg
·····@rosenberg.net