From: Franz Kafka
Subject: Put GPL/FSF Rants Here not in Doom thread
Keep the rants out of the Doom Game
thread.

This will make both threads more readable, and
allow the Lisp/Scheme people to follow
the thread they want.

From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: Re: Put GPL/FSF Rants Here not in Doom thread
"Franz Kafka" <Symbolics _ XL1201 _ Sebek _ Budo _ Kafka @ hotmail . com> writes:

> Keep the rants out of the Doom Game
> thread.
>
> This will make both threads more readable, and
> allow the Lisp/Scheme people to follow
> the thread they want.

Since you insist: Rant, rant, rant, ... , rant.

marc
From: Kenny Tilton
Franz Kafka wrote:
> Keep the rants out of the Doom Game
> thread.
>
> This will make both threads more readable, and
> allow the Lisp/Scheme people to follow
> the thread they want.

who died and left you in charge?

actually, as long as you are in charge, could you just stop the whole
GPL thread on CLL under whatever banner? Thx.

:)

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc
From: Franz Kafka
"Kenny Tilton" <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
·····················@nyc.rr.com...

> Franz Kafka wrote:
> > Keep the rants out of the Doom Game
> > thread.
> >
> > This will make both threads more readable, and
> > allow the Lisp/Scheme people to follow
> > the thread they want.
> >

> who died and left you in charge?
>
> actually, as long as you are in charge, could you just stop the whole
> GPL thread on CLL under whatever banner? Thx.
>
> :)
>
> --
>
>   kenny tilton
>   clinisys, inc
>   http://www.tilton-technology.com/
>   ---------------------------------------------------------------
> "Everything is a cell." -- Alan Kay

If they put it here and not in other threads people who
are not intrested in the definition of 'free' but are
intrested in Lisp can ignore this thread

but posting it to alt.pointless.ranting would be even better :)
From: David Steuber
"Franz Kafka" <Symbolics _ XL1201 _ Sebek _ Budo _ Kafka @ hotmail . com> writes:

> but posting it to alt.pointless.ranting would be even better :)

My news server doesn't seem to carry that group.

Anyway, I like the GPL.  My only rant would be that not enough people
use it.

--
(describe 'describe)
From: Bruce Lewis
From: Anton van Straaten
My favorite quote related to the creative use of the definition of 'free',
as in "free as in beer" vs. "free as in speech":

    "That's 'free' as in 'free hundred quid'"
        -- someone's .sig

Tougher to build a political movement around that one, though...