From: flaunt
Subject: CMUMCL & Hemlock
From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: CMUMCL & Hemlock
>>>>> "ft" == flaunt  <············@yahoo.com> writes:

  ft> I recently set up a FreeBSD box with CMUCL and Hemlock on it. I
  ft> want to use Hemlock as a Lisp editor, but I'm having a problem
  ft> that prevents me from really using it at all. Whenever I load a
  ft> file using m-x 'editor load file', it loads the file but
  ft> automatically attempts to execute the code which results in
  ft> corrupting the terminal display. I have the "Hemlock User's
  ft> Manual" but so far have been unable to find any reference to how
  ft> to fix this problem.

at the end of the User's Manual, there is an index. If you look up the
"Editor Load File" command, you'll see that it loads a file into the
lisp process that's running the editor. This is unlikely to be what
you intended.

Opening a file for editing is similar to the procedure in Emacs: say
"C-x C-f" or "M-x Find File" then enter the filename in the
minibuffer.

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>