From: Greg Menke
Subject: Washington DC Lispniks meeting
Due to scheduling conflicts, only 3 people showed up- though the bar
was so crowded it would have been easy to miss the group.  Our
apologies if someone showed up and missed us.  We tried observing
other patrons and deciding if they looked like Lispers, then
approaching them.  We shortly abandoned that approach after some very
strange looks...

This month, the topics ranged over;

- Scheme continuations, as its recently been a hot topic around here.

- Ilias!  Apparently he turned up recently in some other newsgroups.

- History and tradeoffs of SGML vs XML

- Board games, in this case a German game named "Carcassone", which I
  think would have been fun to play in a somewhat quieter setting.

- A brainstorming session about the potential of putting tty games
  into embedded system bootloaders.

- Lisp robots

We also put some thought into the next venue.  The beer was great (I
really enjoyed the Alt, which I've not had for years) but the food was
average- and the place was very crowded, unexpected on a Wednesday
night.  Apparently there is a decent oyster bar nearby, which should
be quieter.  Also, if there are Lispers in other areas; Baltimore,
Annapolis, Northern VA- we could certainly try that.

If we had a meeting in Baltimore, I know of a place with the best
crab-cakes on Earth and could likely coax my brother who works at
Clipper City Brewing company

http://www.clippercitybeer.com/index2.html

to host the meeting- they have a great tasting area and the beer would
be free.

See everyone next month!

Gregm