From: Alex Parshikov
Subject: inference engines
hello.

Can anyone recommend some online tutorials or something that would explain
how to write a simple modus ponens inference engine in LISP?  Code examples
would be great.

Thank you.

From: William Halliburton
Subject: Re: inference engines
I just completed a class on inference engines and truth maintenance systems.

Web page for class is
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/classes/AY2003/cs7613_spring/

Not much explanation on the web page but the code section has lots of
examples.

From: Alex Parshikov
From: Thomas A. Russ
"Alex Parshikov" <··········@nowhere.com> writes:

> hello.
>
> Can anyone recommend some online tutorials or something that would explain
> how to write a simple modus ponens inference engine in LISP?  Code examples
> would be great.
>
> Thank you.

Take a look at Peter Norvig's book "Paradigms of AI Programming".  It
shows you how to build a number of interesting AI reasoning tools using
Common Lisp.  I think that the code is available on-line.  Try looking
at http://www.norvig.com/