From: Bill Clementson
Subject: Denver Area Lisp Users Group Meeting #2 - Summary
Last Monday (Apr 28), we got together for our second meeting. Larry
Hunter presented an overview of the Biorinformatics work that his group
does. It was a really interesting talk (how would you like to have an
IBM p690 with 16 processors and 100GB of RAM as your personal
workstation :-) ) and plenty of beer was consumed. Larry also showed us
a presentation that he gives called "Why Lisp?". He gave me permission
to make it generally available, so I'm posting a link to it here and on
the ALU web site:

http://home.attbi.com/~bc19191/why-lisp.ppt

There were 7 attendees at the meeting, 4 who use lisp to some extent in
their day jobs and 3 who are interested in lisp but don't use it at work
yet.

--
Bill Clementson

From: [Invalid-From-Line]
Subject: Re: Denver Area Lisp Users Group Meeting #2 - Summary
Bill,
	would you please post the url for this user group? it would be very much
appreciated! especially by those of us who didn't even know there was a lisp
users group in denver. (and obviously read news absent mindedly sometimes...)

peace,
	cj

On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:38:54 GMT, Bill Clementson <·······@attbi.com> wrote:
>Last Monday (Apr 28), we got together for our second meeting. Larry
>Hunter presented an overview of the Biorinformatics work that his group
>does. It was a really interesting talk (how would you like to have an
>IBM p690 with 16 processors and 100GB of RAM as your personal
>workstation :-) ) and plenty of beer was consumed. Larry also showed us
>a presentation that he gives called "Why Lisp?". He gave me permission
>to make it generally available, so I'm posting a link to it here and on
>the ALU web site:
>
>http://home.attbi.com/~bc19191/why-lisp.ppt
>
>There were 7 attendees at the meeting, 4 who use lisp to some extent in
>their day jobs and 3 who are interested in lisp but don't use it at work
>yet.
>
>--
>Bill Clementson

Christopher Jon Miller                        Drink and dance and laugh and lie
Parallel Systems Engineer                    Love, the reeling midnight through
                                                     For tomorrow we shall die!
                                                      (But, alas, we never do.)
                                      -- Dorothy Parker, "The Flaw in Paganism"
From: Bill Clementson
··@bird.hoax.qwest.net () writes:

> 	would you please post the url for this user group? it would be very much
> appreciated! especially by those of us who didn't even know there was a lisp
> users group in denver. (and obviously read news absent mindedly sometimes...)

Here's a url to the ALU site where we post our meeting info. Send me an
email if you would like to be sent future meeting announcements.

http://alu.cliki.net/lispden

--
Bill Clementson