From: Smeckler
Subject: Newbie incompetence...
I'm just getting started with Corman lisp and, running through some
basic tutorials, I've already hit something I don't get at all:

Why does

'(2 3)

give the error "Cannot compile form (2 3)" when using the IDE, but is ok
in the command line version?!  Writing it as (quote (2 3)) is fine, btw.

thanks in advance...
From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: Newbie incompetence...
"Smeckler" <smecklers(remove_this_bit)@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm just getting started with Corman lisp and, running through some
> basic tutorials, I've already hit something I don't get at all:
>
> Why does
>
> '(2 3)
>
> give the error "Cannot compile form (2 3)" when using the IDE, but is ok
> in the command line version?!  Writing it as (quote (2 3)) is fine, btw.
>
> thanks in advance...

This is a known bug in the IDE. It (kind of) reads backwards and tries
to find the start of the s-expression which ends at the point where
you pressed Shift-Return.

You might want to subscribe to the Corman mailing list and/or read its
archives where this is explained in more detail:

Edi.