From: Barry Watson
Subject: Expert System Shells written in Lisp
I am investigating different implementations of Expert System shells. I
have a good example written in Prolog and the CLIPS source is on the
web. I now would like  to get my hands on the source code for an ES
shell written in Lisp.  An interesting system would have frames &
demons, forward & backward chaining, and maybe a truth maintenance
system. Thanks in advance for any help.

Barry
From: Daniel Barlow
Subject: Re: Expert System Shells written in Lisp
Barry Watson <············@uab.ericsson.se> writes:

> I am investigating different implementations of Expert System
> shells. I have a good example written in Prolog and the CLIPS source
> is on the web. I now would like  to get my hands on the source code
> for an ES shell written in Lisp.  An interesting system would have
> frames & demons, forward & backward chaining, and maybe a truth
> maintenance system. Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you looked at LISA?  From the web site -

   LISA is a production-rule system implemented in the Common Lisp
   Object System (CLOS), and is heavily influenced by CLIPS and the
   Java Expert System Shell (JESS). At its core is a reasoning engine
   based on an object-oriented implementation of the Rete algorithm, a
   very efficient mechanism for solving the difficult many-to-many
   matching problem.  Intrinsic to LISA is the ability to reason over
   CLOS objects without imposing special class hierarchy requirements;
   thus it should be possible to easily augment existing CLOS
   applications with reasoning capabilities. As LISA is an extension
   to Common Lisp, the full power of the Lisp environment is always
   available.

http://lisa.sourceforge.net/

-dan

--