From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: KMP's lisp-related web archives moving
I've moved my home page and my various Lisp-related archives
from world.std.com to nhplace.com

I've left forwarding pointers for now, but these will expire at some
point.  Please report any problems in the interim forwarding, or
especially anything missing from the new area.

As should happen automatically for now due to the interim forwarding,
if you have bookmarked
 http://world.std.com/~pitman/whatever.html
you will probably find what you are looking for at
 http://www.nhplace.com/kent/whatever.html

One notable exception is that my pfaq items formerly in
 http://world.std.com/~pitman/pfaq/whatever.html
have moved to
 http://www.nhplace.com/kent/PFAQ/whatever.html

In case anyone is curious, the reason for this move is that
world.std.com has for a long time been filtering my mail without my
permission, without publishing the mechanism for the filtering, and
without adequate notice to those whose mail is bounced about why the
mail is bounced.  I have gotten a number of complaints from friends
and business associates about mail addressed to me has been
mis-identified as spam and bounced with a bogus:
 550 Sorry, UCE is not allowed
or a cryptic (and invalid error code):
 555 No, thank you.
If you have received either of these in trying to communicate with me,
you should know that this is not a message of my choice, nor based on
any criterion I've been allowed to specify.  Please re-send such mail
to ···@hypermeta.com

My world.std.com address will continue to function for a little while
longer as I vacate the rest of my files from there, but is no longer
my preferred address.

Sorry to everyone about any inconvenience that results from this move.
 --Kent
From: Chris Beggy
Subject: Re: KMP's lisp-related web archives moving

> In case anyone is curious, the reason for this move is that
> world.std.com has for a long time been filtering my mail without my
> permission, without publishing the mechanism for the filtering, and
> without adequate notice to those whose mail is bounced about why the
> mail is bounced.  I have gotten a number of complaints from friends
> and business associates about mail addressed to me has been
> mis-identified as spam and bounced with a bogus:
>  550 Sorry, UCE is not allowed
> or a cryptic (and invalid error code):
>  555 No, thank you.
> If you have received either of these in trying to communicate with me,
> you should know that this is not a message of my choice, nor based on
> any criterion I've been allowed to specify.  Please re-send such mail
> to ···@hypermeta.com

FWIW, the head of world.std.com recently spoke at Paul Graham's spam
conference.

For Barry Shein's perspective:

   http://spamconference.org/webcast.html

Check out session 3.