From: Gisle Sælensminde
Subject: Solaris and multithreading
As far as I understand CMUCL on Solaris don't support multithreading,
is this right. Also are there any other lisps that does?

--
Gisle S�lensminde
Computational biology unit, University of Bergen, Norway

From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Subject: Re: Solaris and multithreading
    GS> As far as I understand CMUCL on Solaris don't support
    GS> multithreading, is this right. Also are there any other lisps
    GS> that does?

Scieneer Common Lisp (based AFAIK partly on CMUCL code) does it using native OS
facilities (so it will utilize SMP).  Lispworks and Allegro also have multi-threading.

cheers,

BM

From: Gisle Sælensminde
In article <··············@acm.org>, Bulent Murtezaoglu wrote:

>     GS> As far as I understand CMUCL on Solaris don't support
>     GS> multithreading, is this right. Also are there any other lisps
>     GS> that does?
>
> Scieneer Common Lisp (based AFAIK partly on CMUCL code) does it using native OS
> facilities (so it will utilize SMP).  Lispworks and Allegro also have multi-threading.

It was something like this I was looking for. How stable is this CL system?

--
Email: ·····@cbu.uib.no
From: Johannes Grødem
* Gisle S�lensminde <·····@apal.ii.uib.no>:

> It was something like this I was looking for. How stable is this CL
> system?

They're offering evaluation versions, so you can find out for
yourself.

http://www.scieneer.com/scl/

--
Johannes Gr�dem <OpenPGP: 5055654C>