From: Peter Seibel
I tried to subscribe to the ALU mailing list listed on the ALU site
(alu at freud dot arc dot nasa dot gov) by sending mail to (alu dash
request at freud dot arc dot nasa dot gov) and it bounced. Has it
moved?

-Peter

  The intellectual level needed   for  system design is  in  general
  grossly  underestimated. I am  convinced  more than ever that this
  type of work is very difficult and that every effort to do it with
  other than the best people is doomed to either failure or moderate
  success at enormous expense. --Edsger Dijkstra

From: Rob Warnock
Peter Seibel  <·····@javamonkey.com> wrote:
| (alu at freud dot arc dot nasa dot gov) by sending mail to (alu dash
| request at freud dot arc dot nasa dot gov) and it bounced. Has it moved?
+---------------

I dunno, but a friend of mine at NASA was complaining about a
"new and much-hated syntax" they're starting to use for email
addresses there (patterns like ························@nasa.gov"
instead of the older ··············@mail.arc.nasa.gov"), so there
may be some general churning going on there in the mail handling...

[Erann?]

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock, PP-ASEL-IA		<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Erann Gat
In article <······················@speakeasy.net>, ····@rpw3.org (Rob
Warnock) wrote:

> Peter Seibel  <·····@javamonkey.com> wrote:
> | (alu at freud dot arc dot nasa dot gov) by sending mail to (alu dash
> | request at freud dot arc dot nasa dot gov) and it bounced. Has it moved?
> +---------------
>
> I dunno, but a friend of mine at NASA was complaining about a
> "new and much-hated syntax" they're starting to use for email
> addresses there (patterns like ························@nasa.gov"
> instead of the older ··············@mail.arc.nasa.gov"), so there
> may be some general churning going on there in the mail handling...
>
> [Erann?]

Yeah, there's quite a bit of churnage, but I'm not in the loop.  It all
has to do with the new "one NASA" initiative.  Fortunately, JPL isn't
"really" NASA (we're a NASA contractor) so we're mostly sitting out this
round of managerial silliness.  (Not that we don't have our own managerial
silliness to contend with, but that's another story...)

E.

Disclaimer: in case it isn't blatantly obvious, the above opinions are my
own and do not necessarily reflect the views of JPL.