From: Aravindh Johendran
Subject: Breaking out of an infinite loop in PowerLisp
I just installed PowerLisp on a Macintosh. I have worked previously
with Macintosh CL and am now learning my way around with PowerLisp.
     Does anyone know how to break out of an infinite loop in
PowerLisp?
On Macintosh CL, using meta&dot does the trick and this doesn't seem
to work with PowerLisp. The documentation doesn't seem to be
addressing this issue.

Aravindh

From: Roger Corman
Subject: Re: Breaking out of an infinite loop in PowerLisp
I believe <command>-.  (that's command-dot) should break out of a
loop. You might have to press it a couple times.

Roger

From: Pascal Costanza
Aravindh Johendran wrote:
> I just installed PowerLisp on a Macintosh. I have worked previously
> with Macintosh CL and am now learning my way around with PowerLisp.

This puzzles me a bit because it sounds like a serious downgrade. The
last time I have checked PowerLisp it was only available for Mac OS 9,
there were no plans to further support or port it, and it wasn't ANSI
compliant.

If you are looking for a free Common Lisp on the Mac you should rather
check out OpenMCL or CLisp. Or do you have any news wrt PowerLisp?

Later this year Xanalys are going to release a personal edition of
LispWorks for Macintosh (presumably for free). And I heard rumours that
SBCL is in the pipeline. And you can already download the trial edition
of Allegro Common Lisp. So there are plenty of CLs available that are
better than PowerLisp...

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
···············@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III