From: Lieven Marchand
Subject: Re: Difference between free and commercial implementations of CL
Jan Rychter <ยทยทยท@rychter.com> writes:

> So, if you chose Allegro or LispWorks over CMUCL/CLISP/SBCL, why?

I use LispWorks mostly for the GUI. At first sight, especially if
you're using Emacs, it doesn't look like it adds much, but you should
consider evaluating it for some time. Every tool and browser works
together, can be linked to one another and knows about the code and
data structures you're working with. It's the closest to a Lisp
Machine environment on Unix and I find it enhances productivity quite
a bit.

--
Jane - Daria? Come on, the neighbors are starting to talk.
Daria - Um... good. Soon they'll progress to cave drawings and civilization