From: totojepast
Subject: GNU Macsima display width?
Please can you tell me how can I adjust the display width (in
characters) in GNU Maxima?

I would like to see the whole polynoms, not the things like this:

(C1) taylor (sin(x), x, 0, 5);
				  3    5
				 x    x
(D1)/T/ 		     x - -- + --- + . . .
				 6    120
(C2)

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: GNU Macsima display width?
Please ask on the maxima mailing ······@www.math.utexas.edu list in future!

Besides that, I don't understand your question: sin(x) is not a polynomial. If
you want to see the complete powerseries expansion, use
powerseries(sin(x),x,0).

Martin

From: totojepast
Dear Martin,

I was interested in displaying the Taylor series and it works in
Maxima. Only a part of the resulting formula was hidden. However, the
mathematical operation is irrelevant, I would just like to see the
whole result not clipped.

Please can you tell me how can I adjust the display width (in
characters) in GNU Maxima?

TTJP

From: Christopher Creutzig
··········@atlas.cz (totojepast) writes:

> I would like to see the whole polynoms, not the things like this:
>

> (C1) taylor (sin(x), x, 0, 5);
> 				  3    5
> 				 x    x
> 				 6    120

 I guess this *is* the whole polynomial, since you asked for terms up
to x^5, no?  Try "taylor(sin(x), x, 0, 10);" for more.

--
    +--+
   +--+|
   |+-|+            Christopher Creutzig (···@mupad.de)
   +--+                     Tel.: 05251-60-5525