From: Jan Rychter
Subject: Examples of code using the series package?
Are there any examples of code that uses the Series package? Any
tutorial, other than documentation included with the package itself?

I'm trying to understand how to properly use it, and it proves rather
difficult so far. I'd be grateful for any pointers.

thanks,
--J.

From: Kumar Balachandran
Subject: Re: Examples of code using the series package?
Jan Rychter wrote:
> Are there any examples of code that uses the Series package? Any
> tutorial, other than documentation included with the package itself?
>
> I'm trying to understand how to properly use it, and it proves rather
> difficult so far. I'd be grateful for any pointers.
>
> thanks,
> --J.
See CLTL2 -- it has a chapter on series:
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/node347.html#SECTION003400000000000000000

and AIM 1082 from MIT

ftp://publications.ai.mit.edu/ai-publications/pdf/AIM-1082.pdf

/Kumar
From: Jan Rychter
 Kumar> Jan Rychter wrote:
 >> Are there any examples of code that uses the Series package? Any
 >> tutorial, other than documentation included with the package itself?
 >> I'm trying to understand how to properly use it, and it proves
 >> rather difficult so far. I'd be grateful for any pointers.  thanks,
 >> --J.
 Kumar> See CLTL2 -- it has a chapter on series:
 Kumar> http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/node347.html#SECTION003400000000000000000

Yes, I've read it. But it's essentially the same as the documentation
inside the series package (s-doc.txt). I'm having trouble understanding
some parts of it, and I definitely need more real-life examples, to see
things like where exactly type declarations need to be placed, for
instance.

I have recently asked a question about a function using series and
found out just how little I know about it.

 Kumar> and AIM 1082 from MIT
 Kumar> ftp://publications.ai.mit.edu/ai-publications/pdf/AIM-1082.pdf

Ah, thanks! I didn't know about this one. It does look a bit more
accessible and has some examples.

--J.