From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Matlab MAT-files parser anywhere?
Hi

message says it all.

Is there a Matlab MAT-file parser anywhere?

Thanks

--
Marco Antoniotti

From: c hore
Subject: Re: Matlab MAT-files parser anywhere?
> Is there a Matlab MAT-file parser anywhere?

Is there any code in Octave or Scilab (which I understand
are the open source equivalents of MATLAB) that qualifies?
From: Marco Antoniotti
c hore wrote:

> >Is there a Matlab MAT-file parser anywhere?
>

> Is there any code in Octave or Scilab (which I understand
> are the open source equivalents of MATLAB) that qualifies?

Well.  I'd like a CL implementation, but I can do with a C based one.
I have not checked Scilab, but the Octave code does not parse all the
MAT-files contents (e.g. cells and structs).  But maybe things changed.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti
From: Jens Axel Søgaard
Marco Antoniotti wrote:
> c hore wrote:
>
>> >Is there a Matlab MAT-file parser anywhere?
>>

>> Is there any code in Octave or Scilab (which I understand
>> are the open source equivalents of MATLAB) that qualifies?
>

> Well.  I'd like a CL implementation, but I can do with a C based one.
> I have not checked Scilab, but the Octave code does not parse all the
> MAT-files contents (e.g. cells and structs).  But maybe things changed.

There is a Matlab interfave PLT Scheme at

   <http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/>

Perhaps some code from it could be reused.

--
Jens Axel S�gaard
From: Marco Antoniotti
Jens Axel S�gaard wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> >> Is there any code in Octave or Scilab (which I understand
> >> are the open source equivalents of MATLAB) that qualifies?
> >

> > Well.  I'd like a CL implementation, but I can do with a C based one.
> > I have not checked Scilab, but the Octave code does not parse all the
> > MAT-files contents (e.g. cells and structs).  But maybe things changed.
>

> There is a Matlab interfave PLT Scheme at
>

> Perhaps some code from it could be reused.

It is not source code.  Not all that useful.

--
Marco
From: Jens Axel Søgaard
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

>> There is a Matlab interfave PLT Scheme at
>> Perhaps some code from it could be reused.

> It is not source code.  Not all that useful.

It is. You just have to unpack the plt-file.
Which happens automatically if DrScheme
is installed on your system.

The code is then found in

       "c:/Program Files/PLT/collects/matlab-interface/"  (Windows)
  or   "/<drscheme-home>/collects/matlab-interface/"      (Linux)
  or   <who knows where>                                  (Mac)

--
Jens Axel S�gaard
From: Marco Antoniotti
Jens Axel S�gaard wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>
> >> There is a Matlab interfave PLT Scheme at
> >> Perhaps some code from it could be reused.
>

> > It is not source code.  Not all that useful.
>

> It is. You just have to unpack the plt-file.
> Which happens automatically if DrScheme
> is installed on your system.
>
> The code is then found in
>
>       "c:/Program Files/PLT/collects/matlab-interface/"  (Windows)
>  or   "//collects/matlab-interface/"      (Linux)
>  or                                     (Mac)

Still not that useful. :)  I don't have DrScheme installed.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti