From: Bruce J. Weimer, MD
Subject: Speech SDK
I'm using Xanalys LispWorks for Windows.  Has anyone successfully interfaced
MicroSoft's Speech SDK 5.1 for Windows - or something similar?  I'd like to
be able to talk to my Lisp application and have it talk back.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.
From: lin8080
Subject: Re: Speech SDK
"Bruce J. Weimer, MD" schrieb:

> I'm using Xanalys LispWorks for Windows.  Has anyone successfully interfaced
> MicroSoft's Speech SDK 5.1 for Windows - or something similar?  I'd like to
> be able to talk to my Lisp application and have it talk back.

no answers?
You can try dragoonware on windows. My Version is old (99, but has a
line-in), but with cl I do not experiment till now. I use it for ebooks.
Another speech programm is logox from g-data. This is a nice programm
(tells time, reads text and has a modulation set manualy, but has german
pronunciation, very funny for english text. For me it works with megahal
brainset after translating that). Else with this I do no cl test,
because this idea don't come up in my head.
On Linux you can try scribbler, but this is more dj-oriented but the
quickest I now.
The MS Speech pack I do delete, this was from the babylon translater and
works only there. May be this helps?

stefan