From: Franz Kafka
Subject: Using a CD-ROM Drive with a MacIvory II ???
I would like to install a CD drive onto a MacIvory rev. 2 running on the Mac
IIfx--I have a thing for retro hardware hacking.

The Genera 8.3 command:
Show Machine Configuration
and the Mac 7.6.1 SCSI tools
show that it is SCSI device # 3.

But when I stick a CD in the Mac Desktop does not show the CD.

& I don't know what commands in Genera 8.3 I'd have 2 give
to look at the contents of a CD, or to install CLIM, Joushua, and
other stuff from Genera. When I try 'Mount Optical Disk (a device number) 3'
I get an error and when I try Show Directory CDROMn:> I also get an
error about iso something -- this is 4 the Genera worlds disk--I popped into
my laptop, and I could read it fine in windoz.

I'd apreciate any help you could provide me with.

I'd love to hardware-hack a Symbolics board :)

yes, I know it's an old machine ;) so please don't waste bandwidth by
telling me that, I just want to learn about it, hack it, and explore it.

Thankz,

FK (published 1 technical article in a peer reviewed magazine--if you
consider 2600 located @ (www.2600.com) to be a peer reviewed magazine ;)