From: amit phalgune
Subject: PCL::find-class-from
Hi all,
I am a newbie in this group. I have some lisp code which gives me
the error
PCL::find-class-from-cell : no class name provided.

I am using CMUCL and this error occurs when I try to compile lisp
code.
I tried looking up this error on the net and looks like it is
associated with the system files when CMUCL is installed. Is this
true? What causes this error and how can I solve it.

awaiting for ur reply.
Amit (········@cs.orst.edu)
From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: PCL::find-class-from

  ap> I am a newbie in this group. I have some lisp code which gives me
  ap> the error
  ap> PCL::find-class-from-cell : no class name provided.
  ap>
  ap> I am using CMUCL and this error occurs when I try to compile
  ap> lisp code. I tried looking up this error on the net and looks
  ap> like it is associated with the system files when CMUCL is
  ap> installed.

it's difficult to diagnose the problem without further information,
such as details of the version of CMUCL that you're using, a
backtrace, what the source code is doing at that point. It may be a
CMUCL bug, or it may be a problem with your source code.

I suggest that you try out your code on the latest release of CMUCL
(which has had some significant improvements to its CLOS
implementation). If that breaks, please read the CMUCL FAQ under "How
do I report a bug in CMUCL".

  <URL:http://www.cons.org/cmucl/FAQ.html>

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>