From: Giannandrea Castaldi
Subject: How to open url connections?
I'm new to common lisp and I'm trying to write an application with
Allegro CL 6.0 to download and save html pages.
I've seen that in acl there is the support for uri but I haven't found
any facility to open uriconnection (as HttpURLConnection in java). Does
this facility exist or I can only use sockets directly?
If I must use socket directly can someone send me an example of an http
client connecting to an http server?

Thanks.

Giannandrea
From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: How to open url connections?
Giannandrea Castaldi <········@tiscali.it> writes:

> I'm new to common lisp and I'm trying to write an application with
> Allegro CL 6.0 to download and save html pages.  I've seen that in
> acl there is the support for uri but I haven't found any facility to
> open uriconnection (as HttpURLConnection in java). Does this
> facility exist or I can only use sockets directly?  If I must use
> socket directly can someone send me an example of an http client
> connecting to an http server?

Newer versions of AllegroCL come with AllegroServe which, although
being a server, includes functions for client requests:

  <http://opensource.franz.com/aserve/aserve-dist/doc/aserve.html#cliient-request>

(The "ii" is not a typo.)

If 6.0 doesn't have AllegroServe included you can most likely download
and install it from here - it's free:

  <http://opensource.franz.com/aserve/index.html>

Edi.