From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: ILC 2003: Common Lisp programming on Mac OS X
Hello,

I'm preparing a talk for the International Lisp Conference in New York
( http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/ ) later this year.

Topic of my talk will be an overview, introduction and
comparison of/to the various Common Lisp programming
options on Apple's Mac OS X. It is possibly too much ground
to cover in a short talk - but I'll give it a try. I
was choosing this topic to present some practical useful
information for Lisp programmers.

Mac OS X is now supported by several Common Lisp implementations:

- Allegro CL
- CLisp
- LispWorks
- Macintosh Common Lisp
- OpenMCL
- others?

GCL and SBCL for Mac OS X are in the works.

The approaches and the possibilities offered by these
implementations are quite different. Mac OS X
comes also with its own (non-Lisp)
development environment(s) and libraries that needs
to be integrated somehow.

If you think I should include some relevant information
in my talk, please let me know.

If you have written a cool Lisp application for Mac OS X
and you have some advice to offer, let me know.

If you think I should include a certain topic, let me know.

I would be interested to hear about success stories.
But also which special problems developers are facing
when they work with Lisp under Mac OS X.

Experiences about development styles, etc. would be interesting,
too.

Feel free to send me mail about these and related questions
to ······@lisp.de . I'll collect the material and see
what I can include in my talk.

Thanks for listening,

Rainer Joswig