From: Arthur T. Murray
Subject: Re: Speaking of Forth..
"Martin Euredjian" wrote on Sat, 12 Jul 2003:
> [...]
> LISP is a language that let's you approach things in a
> different way.  When you program using LISP your brain
> is using a different process to arrive at a solution.
> For example, you don't need to bother with the mechanics
> of iterating through a list with "for" or "while" loops,
> index variables, etc. [...]
>
> Does anyone truly believe that the future of artificially
> intelligent machines will be created by a bunch of guys slaving
> away writing ASCII source code and doing such things as declaring
> variables for a "do" loop or specifying "include" statements? [...]

Yes.  Top-down artificial intelligence must initially be hand-coded.

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth Robot AI.

A.T. Murray
--
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/theory5.html -- Concept-Fiber Theory
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/jsaimind.html -- AI4U Mind-1.1
From: Albert van der Horst
In article <········@news.victoria.tc.ca>,
Arthur T. Murray <·····@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
>"Martin Euredjian" wrote on Sat, 12 Jul 2003:
>> [...]
>> LISP is a language that let's you approach things in a
>> different way.  When you program using LISP your brain
>> is using a different process to arrive at a solution.
>> For example, you don't need to bother with the mechanics
>> of iterating through a list with "for" or "while" loops,
>> index variables, etc. [...]
>>
>> Does anyone truly believe that the future of artificially
>> intelligent machines will be created by a bunch of guys slaving
>> away writing ASCII source code and doing such things as declaring
>> variables for a "do" loop or specifying "include" statements? [...]

I known what you mean. They are called "programmers". I am
sure the future of artifical intelligence depends on them.

>A.T. Murray
Groetjes Albert
        One man-hour to invent,
                One man-week to implement,