From: Andrew Burton
Subject: SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM missing?
I'm using clisp on a Windows2000 machine, playing with the SOCKET features, but
I can't get anything to stream out.  I get the feeling I should be doing
something with SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM somewhere, because...

(defun x (socket:socket-server 5552))
(print "Hello" x)

...give me...

*** - PRINT: argument #<SOCKET-SERVER 0.0.0.0:5552> should be a stream

...as an error.  I can connect to 5552 with telnet and then use
SOCKET:SOCKET-SERVER-CLOSE to close the connections.  I just can't send data to
it.

I would use SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM as I think I should but it gives me...

*** - READ from
   #<INPUT CONCATENATED-STREAM #<INPUT STRING-INPUT-STREAM>
    #<IO SYNONYM-STREAM *DEBUG-IO*>>: #<PACKAGE SOCKET> has no external symbol
with name "STREAM"

...as an error.  It this saying that SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM isn't loading?  Can
someone toss me a bone? :) Thanks.

Andrew Burton - tuglyraisin at aol dot com
Felecia Station on Harvestgain - http://www.darkbeast.com/
"I often question my sanity; it has yet to give me a straight answer."
"And if you're bored, it's because... you're boring." - Matt Drudge
From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
Subject: Re: SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM missing?
···········@aol.commcast (Andrew Burton) wrote in message news:<·····························@mb-m23.aol.com>...
> I'm using clisp on a Windows2000 machine, playing with the SOCKET features, but
> I can't get anything to stream out.  I get the feeling I should be doing
> something with SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM somewhere, because...
>
> (defun x (socket:socket-server 5552))
> (print "Hello" x)
>
> ...give me...
>
> *** - PRINT: argument #<SOCKET-SERVER 0.0.0.0:5552> should be a stream
>
> ...as an error.  I can connect to 5552 with telnet and then use
> SOCKET:SOCKET-SERVER-CLOSE to close the connections.  I just can't send data to
> it.

Try SOCKET:SOCKET-ACCEPT. It will wait for connection to the server
socket and then return a bidirectional stream.

Also, be sure to read the section 30.6 in impnotes.html.

--
  Eugene