From: Julian St.
Subject: Re: Embeddable Common Lisp
Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:

> "Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:
>
>> "Bill Clementson" <·······@comcast.net> wrote
>> > "Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:
>>
>> I will have another look at these Lisps but IIRC :
>> Thinlisp has no GC. Not very good for 24x7 equipment!
>> ECLS compiles to C so it needs a C compiler. Maybe I could use it for cross
>> development.
>
> If I remember correctly ECLS has a byte code interpreter built in.

It has a byte code interpreter and a to-C-translator. I wrote a X-Chat
interface plugin. It's really useful and without compiler quite
light-weight, also I think the old GC it uses, is quite portable (if
you disable the boehm gc).

Regards,
Julian
--
`The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."'  -- Isaac Asimov