From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: stuff
First, the important business. I have here what looks to be a nice oak
piece, a small 30w-16d-24h chest with one drawer and hinged doors that
open out. I think it will fit easily in the back of Eden's SUV.

Interested?

Now for the fun stuff. It seems to me I have a pretty solid oral
contract with Tom. To an indispensible developer who worked seven days a
week for years. It is simply part of the CliniSys package any investor
must consider. At least I can make it that way, by simply not
renegotiating. A decent promissory note would be fine, but that is my
fallback position.

Should I bend to make our prospects brighter? It's back pay, not a
payoff. And the back pay is only $200k. We are talking about building a
business worth hundreds of millions. I do not think my insisting on the
contract could break the deal by itself.

So I am thinking I send them a nice letter reviewing the terms of the
contract and indicating that after consideration of the issues they have
raised, I remain happy with the contract and am content to proceed under
its terms.

Then their choices are selling me to investors (they have to do that
anyway to explain how a rinky-dink operation like this has done what no
one else (IBM, Oracle, Arthur Anderson, Merck,...) could do with budgets
in the tens of millions) or... I don't know, closing their doors?
Fighting me would be silly because the contract was so clear and
formally laid out and agreed to, and anyway the fight itself is what
kills them.

How'm I doin'?

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc

From: Erann Gat
Subject: Re: stuff
In article <················@nyc.rr.com>, Kenny Tilton
<·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> How'm I doin'?

You've got me thoroughly confused.  What on Earth are you talking about?

E.
From: sv0f
In article <····················@k-137-79-50-101.jpl.nasa.gov>,
···@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) wrote:

>In article <················@nyc.rr.com>, Kenny Tilton
><·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> How'm I doin'?
>
>You've got me thoroughly confused.  What on Earth are you talking about?

It's performance art.  You'll "get it" in a minute or two...
From: Marius Bernklev

>[snip long, private mail]
> How'm I doin'?

well, you're obviously not paranoid...

Marius
--

Life sucks.  Death swallows.
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:01:59 GMT, Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> How'm I doin'?

You are making me reconsider my ability to understand English.

Do you happen to mean that your company is trying to do with your Lisp
system what Yahoo! did with Graham's when they bought ViaWeb?

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README
From: Christopher C. Stacy
You should use FORMAT for this.