From: Chris Perkins
Subject: POP3 support
I could swear I saw this once, but I've checked Cliki and a few other
places and I'm just not seeing it.

Does anyone know where to get a library for doing POP3 client from
Lisp?  I'm using LispWorks and/or Corman on Windows.  Even beta or
barely working stuff is fine, I just need it for some ancillary
testing.

Thanks,

Chris Perkins
Media Lab, Inc.

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: POP3 support
········@medialab.com (Chris Perkins) writes:

> I could swear I saw this once, but I've checked Cliki and a few other
> places and I'm just not seeing it.
>
> Does anyone know where to get a library for doing POP3 client from
> Lisp?  I'm using LispWorks and/or Corman on Windows.  Even beta or
> barely working stuff is fine, I just need it for some ancillary
> testing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Perkins
> Media Lab, Inc.

  <http://opensource.franz.com/postoffice/index.html>

Maybe the acl-compat library of portableaserve will be helpful in
porting this to LW/Corman.

  <http://www.cliki.net/ACL-COMPAT>

Also, these articles/threads might be interesting:

  <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=8tvtpn%24ccnr%241%40ID-22205.news.dfncis.de>
  <http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=WY7z7.13094%24uD4.5810999%40typhoon.we.rr.com>

Edi.
From: Chris Double
Edi Weitz <···@agharta.de> writes:

> Maybe the acl-compat library of portableaserve will be helpful in
> porting this to LW/Corman.
>
>   <http://www.cliki.net/ACL-COMPAT>

This has updated support for Corman Lisp if you decide to use that
implementation. Rather than use the wrappers in my AlegroServe port at
my web site you would be better off using the the ACL-COMPAT from CVS.

>   <http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=WY7z7.13094%24uD4.5810999%40typhoon.we.rr.com>

I haven't heard from Jeff regarding the Corman port. It might be worth
contacting him to see how far he got. Some of the problems mentioned
about Corman Lisp in that thread have been fixed in Corman Lisp 2.0.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/cl
From: Jeff Greif
I'm kind of embarassed about this -- I have a working version of the POP3
code for Corman Lisp 1.5 which I use frequently to clean out my mail
server's tiny mailbox, but I have never fiddled with the IMAP part of the
code (nor do I have access to an IMAP server), so only know that it
compiles.

I'm happy to give anyone what I have, though.

Jeff

··················@double.co.nz...

From: jochen
Chris Perkins wrote:

> I could swear I saw this once, but I've checked Cliki and a few other
> places and I'm just not seeing it.
>
> Does anyone know where to get a library for doing POP3 client from
> Lisp?  I'm using LispWorks and/or Corman on Windows.  Even beta or
> barely working stuff is fine, I just need it for some ancillary
> testing.

I have a little mail framework that entails a folder protocol with
implementations for at least maildir and pop3 folders. Using this you can
transfer all mails from a pop3 account to a local maildir folder for
example. The messages get streamed and therefore are not hold completely in
memory. There is also some simple header-parsing stuff in it which can be
used to access mails as CLOS objects.

; Copy the mails from a pop3 account to a local maildir folder and delete
; the messages afterwards
(let ((*default-pathname-defaults* "home:weird-mail;"))
  (let ((inbox (open-folder 'maildir-folder "inbox")
        (pop3 (open-folder 'pop3-folder
                           ··················@host:110")))

      (format t "~D messages in Pop3 folder~%" (count-messages pop3))
      (copy-folder pop3 inbox)
      (clear-folder pop3)))

I used this library for an experimental and unfinished Mailclient called
WeirdMail.

  (screenshot http://www.dataheaven.de/weird-mail.jpg)

I've not yet decided on what to do with this stuff but you can mail me and
tell me what you need it for - maybe I can help you.

ciao,
Jochen
From: Jochen Schmidt
Sorry for the confusion now name and mailaddress are correctly set.

ciao,
Jochen
From: Paolo Amoroso
On 28 Jan 2003 15:53:50 -0800, ········@medialab.com (Chris Perkins) wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get a library for doing POP3 client from
> Lisp?  I'm using LispWorks and/or Corman on Windows.  Even beta or

I seem to remember that CLOCC (Common Lisp Open Code Collection) provides
such code:

  http://clocc.sourceforge.net

See directory src/cllib in the source tree.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README
From: Matthew Danish

Check out: http://opensource.franz.com/postoffice/