From: kalong
Subject: Making a gui for a lisp program?
Hello,

What's the best way to make s simple gui for a lisp program?
Is it possible to produce stand-alone program's from lisp code?

thx!,

Mistral

From: Nils Goesche
Subject: Re: Making a gui for a lisp program?
"kalong" <·······@shithappens.be> writes:

> What's the best way to make s simple gui for a lisp program?

That depends on the Lisp and the operating system you are using.

> Is it possible to produce stand-alone program's from lisp code?

See above.

Regards,
--
Nils G�sche

PGP key ID 0x0655CFA0
From: kalong
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:52:58 +0100, Nils Goesche wrote:

> That depends on the Lisp and the operating system you are using.

I'm using Allergo CL 6.1 and Linux 2.4.19-16mdk , Mandrake 9.0

Thx!

Mistral
From: Peter Ward
If the UI is very simple, you could use AllegroServe, so your clients are not tied to the platform.

From: Nils Goesche
"kalong" <·······@shithappens.be> writes:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:52:58 +0100, Nils Goesche wrote:
>
> > That depends on the Lisp and the operating system you are using.

> I'm using Allergo CL 6.1 and Linux 2.4.19-16mdk , Mandrake 9.0

Then you should be able to do pretty much everything you want.  And I
am sure it comes with loads of documentation...

Regards,
--
Nils G�sche

PGP key ID 0x0655CFA0
From: Kyongho Min
"kalong" <·······@shithappens.be> wrote in message news:<······························@shithappens.be>...
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:52:58 +0100, Nils Goesche wrote:
>

> > That depends on the Lisp and the operating system you are using.
> >

> I'm using Allergo CL 6.1 and Linux 2.4.19-16mdk , Mandrake 9.0
>
> Thx!
>
> Mistral

There is a good document for GUI on Allegro CL.
The part "IDE" will be a good help for you to implement what you want.

Refer to a menu 'Help/Allegro CL Documentation/'
If you try a menu 'Help/CG Example', then you can have some GUI examples
with source code.

Regards,

K Min
From: Petter Gustad
···········@aut.ac.nz (Kyongho Min) writes:

> "kalong" <·······@shithappens.be> wrote in message news:<······························@shithappens.be>...
> > I'm using Allergo CL 6.1 and Linux 2.4.19-16mdk , Mandrake 9.0
> Refer to a menu 'Help/Allegro CL Documentation/'
> If you try a menu 'Help/CG Example', then you can have some GUI examples
> with source code.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a GUI front-end in Linux
version of ACL. Emacs is the common method to interact with ACL under
UNIX (and UNIX like systems). However, there are plenty of
documentation avalable in the doc directory. Try to start at
doc/contents.htm.

Petter
Petter Gustad         8'h2B | ~8'h2B        http://www.gustad.com/petter