From: Bruce Badger
Subject: Re: Protoype in one language, then code in another?
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:16:05 +1100, Mark Watson wrote:

> This may sound odd, but I found myself recently using VisualWorks
> Smalltalk to get something tricky working that had to be written
> ultimately in another language (Java).
> Perhaps I just have odd work habits, but I was wondering if other people
> do the same sort of thing?

I did this when I was adding TIFF handling to the PDF library.  I had to
deliver the work in Java, but I solved all the problems and did all the
learning by writing Smalltalk.  Only when the Smalltalk version was
working did I port the code to Java.  I beleive that doing this saved the
client quite a bit of time and money.
From: Lance Parkington
It makes sense to prototype in the fastest environment first!