From: Putnam
Subject: Lisp Job in Munich, Germany
I work for a consulting firm working with HypoVereinsbank in Munich
Germany. I work here extending existing equity derivative systems and
doing new development. I have been asked to find someone to work with
me.

This job requires relocation to Munich. German skils are absolutely
unnecessary.

We expect, in the next year, to do interesting work with parallel
programming and partial evaluation (and likely a dialect of ML).

The legacy product is in the process of being extended so that we can
control it via Lisp and other similar dynamic languages. The new
projects will be as independent of the legacy system as possible, and
mostly written in Common Lisp.

This job requires a lot rigorous methods (e.g. extending old code
without breaking it), abstract thinking and problem solving, and lots
of high-level and low-level hacking. Much of the existing code
(written by people who are no longer around) is C++!

A good candidate would be someone who has implemented a lisp,
compiler, etc. -- this work involves the kind of abstract thinking
that is necessary for this job. An interest in the semantics of
programming languages, or embedded systems experience would be big
plusses too.

Formal education is not required!

If you are interested, please email me information about yourself.
ASCII text only, no MIME, MSword documents, etc.

Heath